1999 Mercury Cougar
Worst 1999 Cougar engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- runs roughly, stalls5
- engine cranks but won't fire sometimes2
- engine revs up when idling1
- oil leaking from engine1
- oil leaks from transmission axle seal1
- threw a rod1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine26
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control23
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline21
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling13
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal6
- NHTSA: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mercury Cougar Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Cougar compares to other years?
Check out our Mercury Cougar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cougar.