1999 Mercury Cougar fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mercury Cougar:

1999 Mercury Cougar Owner Comments

Dec 312011

Cougar 2.5L V6

Okay well I got a mechanic to check my car, there is no fuel leaks or whatsoever, we did find an oxygen sensor malfunction( bank 1) I did fix it and bought a new one but the problem is still reoccurring. The computer to check my car only detected that as a problem, now it shows nothing going wrong and my car takes 46 L per 100km and it's starting to cost me alot. It takes a way larger amount of gas when it's really cold outside. Anyhow it is literally not bearable it cost me 250$ of gas this week and i didn't move alot.

- , Saguenay, Quebec, Canada