8.7

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Nov 152015

Grand Marquis GS 4.6L V8

rain leak from driver side door

When you buy a used car it's hardly ever raining on that day because we like doing things in comfortable weather conditions, right? Well, I wish I had looked at this car while it was raining cats and dogs. After I purchased my car I noticed moisture would be trapped on the interior of my car on all of the windows. I decided to lift up the carpet of my floor panel and noticed a nice sized puddle underneath. I took my car to my mechanic and he could not find the leak. Afterwards, I dropped my car off for 2 days at Sheehy who specializes in Mercury and they could not figure out where the leak was coming from. It costed me $125 just for them to look at it!

- , North Chesterfield, VA, USA

Dec 202010

Grand Marquis LX 4.6L V8

I have a water leak and I am not sure where the water came from - Clear water - not antifreeze. I came out to my Car Monday after work and there was 1/2" of water. I keep putting Towels and that keeps it down to squishy.

- , Whittier, CA, USA

Aug 012009

Grand Marquis

I just want to know why the stupid car is leaking water into in and is this a common problem amongst these cars???

- , Key West, FL, USA