4.0

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Dec 152015

Grand Marquis GS 4.6L V8

car shakes in between 45-60 mph

Some time in December while driving down the highway my car felt as if it was suddenly driving over mini speed bumps and continuously pulled to the right. When I let my foot off the gas the bumpy ride will cease and will clear until I put my foot back on the gas. Some days it will act up just as I explained and some days it will drive normal. Here lately it has become a daily problem. Months before this dilemma occurred I received a ball joint replacement and an alignment and everything was fine until about 3 months after. Till this very day it will suddenly start riding rough and my mechanics cannot figure it out.Until then, I guess I'm stuck driving it as is until it becomes impossible to drive and easier to diagnose.

- , North Chesterfield, VA, USA