NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

3.2

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Sep 292016

Grand Marquis

Headlight problem going on and off. And the steering seems off. I need your help fixing this problem. This isn't good. I love Mercury Ford. But I've tried contacting them and no response yet.

- Salem, MA, USA

Sep 022016

Grand Marquis

Put on dim and lights wont come on at all, so I can not drive at night. Breaks lights, signals, emergency light, dash board works only when I turn on windshield wipers, . had bulbs and modular replaced still no lights. This started driving at night on street so happened to be close to home.

- Blytheville, AR, USA

Nov 232015

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis. While driving 60 mph, the front and rear warning and signal lamps failed to illuminate. In addition, both high and low beam head lamps failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the light control module failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96,321.

- Mannford, OK, USA

Apr 042010

Grand Marquis

While driving at night, my lights turned off by themselves on a dark rural road. If I hadn't jammed on the brakes, I would have eaten the railing or worse. Turns out the (lcm) lighting control module, is defective. When I looked it up online, it seems that many cars are having this issue, even my local police department. This is a big safety issue and needs to be addressed immediately. The dealer wanted to charge $578 plus 2 hours labor for a part that goes under the dash.

- Durham, NC, USA