1.4

2002 Mercury Grand Marquis lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Aug 222015

Grand Marquis

After driving to mall my daughter realized that my head lights were not on. Checked all fuse (under dash and under hood). None were blown. Realized that had no dome light but did have map/reading lights. No tail lights or brake lights except third brake lights. Had brights if I held high beam lever. Had car towed to shop. Was told that it was the light control module (lcm). Was told that Ford had and extended warranty on this part. Took it to Ford dealer. They said that it was only for the 2003-2005 models and that my car was not covered. I think they should extend this warranty to the the 2002 models seeing that this is a common problem with earlier models and not just the 2003-2005 models. It is probably the same part.

- Durham, NC, USA