2. replace lighting module (1 reports)
2002 Mercury Grand Marquis lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Jul 202015

Grand Marquis

Lights went out while driving late at night. VERY scary. Stopped and fiddled around. Finally managed to hold the brights on with left hand while driving home. Took the car to my mechanic and had the lighting module replaced the next day. Two months later I received a letter from Ford dated Oct 2015 saying this problem has been placed under Cust. Satisfaction Program 14N01 and covered by Ford to have the module replaced. I called Customer Relationship to request a refund for my cost and was told that I could not receive one because the deadline for refunds ended October 2014 (note: that was 10 months BEFORE I had a problem!!! Apparently this refund policy was stated in an earlier letter in April 2014 which I NEVER RECEIVED.) Regardless, Customer Rel. people in Manilla and Florida just ignore the obvious GAP in their program policy logic and tell you "sorry ma'am there's nothing I can do." So in the October 2015 letter Ford offers to pay for the lighting module to be replaced but ONLY if you got the letter and held onto it BEFORE your lights failed, then when they DO fail, you can take the letter to a dealer to replace said light module. But If you were unaware of the defective lighting module, and were forced to pay to have it replaced at your own cost, Ford is not going to reimburse you. And then, if in your by then complete state of fury, ask for a supervisor you're told they have to put in a one-day request. I WILL FIGHT TIL THE FINISH!!!!!

- , Birmingham, AL, USA

Sep 072011

Grand Marquis V8

While I was driving my car in the dark at night my headlights just turned off by themselves. I was driving on a highway with NO STREET LIGHTS and was very scared when this happened. I COULD NOT SEE A THING!!! AND ALMOST CRASHED!!! I had to stop my car in the middle of the highway and try to pull over in pitch black darkness. This happened for the first time about two months ago and intermittently happens often now. I can drive while holding my brights on but my regular lights will just go on and off by themselves. I brought my car to the mechanics and they diagnosed the headlight module needed to be replaced. The part alone will cost $650 plus installation labor charge. This problem should be covered by Ford as it is a defective and potentially fatality causing defect.

- , Scarsdale, NY, USA