2003 Mercury Grand Marquis engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Apr 062015

Grand Marquis LS 4.6L V8

This car is a piece of crap. First my electrical system started acting up. The windows and locks only work once in a while. The dinger for the doors will not start until the door has been open for 5 minutes or more. The light under the dash caught the plastic piece on fire which we had to remove.

Next the car started acting like it was running out of gas, spitting and sputtering. There is no power upon acceleration. We had it put on the diagnostics machine and replaced the parts it said needed replaced. It did nothing to fix the issue. The light is still on and it still runs like crap. I am surprised every time it starts. The idle is very high every time you start it and remains high for about 10 minutes.

Then I noticed when I washed it that all the paint is spider webbing. It looks like spiders are making webs all over the paint job, hood, doors, trunk, the roof. I did not want to buy this car in the first place because I hate Fords every one I have ever saw gave the owner problems. I was bullied into buying this car because the original owner thought my beat up old 79 Chevy pick up was not good enough for my children. Guess what the beat up old Chevy was very dependable. I never worried if I would make it home. It was old and rusty but was a great running vehicle.

I will never buy anything even close to a Ford ever again. I keep waiting for it to strand me so I can call the tow truck to pick up the piece of sh*t. I still owe the original owner money on this and it will cost me a fortune to fix it. BEWARE do not buy one of these you will be sorry. Buy a Chevy I will be telling every one I know this.

- , Aberdeen, WA, USA