2004 Mercury Grand Marquis lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Dec 312016

Grand Marquis

This car has had a recall for lighting since 12/21/15. The lights have gone out while I was driving on the interstate. The local Ford dealer is unable to say when the recall parts may become available. I think they should do something since this has been over a year on recall.

- Washington, IL, USA

Dec 262016

Grand Marquis

My car is covered by a recall for lighting control module controlling the headlights. This recall was issued December 21, 2015. I just spoke to the service manager at my local Ford dealership and I was informed that Ford Motor Company has not made repair parts available as of this time. Since this recall covers a component that when it fails can render the headlights inoperable I am curious as to why Ford Motor Company is being allowed to not make a remedy for this recall available?

- Evansville, IN, USA

Dec 022016

Grand Marquis

A recall was issued regarding headlights not functioning for this car last year. I own 2 Mercury Grand Marquis, both have headlights that go out intermittently and the local dealer maintains that the parts still aren't available to complete the recall service. So the end result is I have 2 cars I can only drive during daylight with no precipitation or fog in the forecast. The service manager says that we could pay privately to have it fixed and then maybe get reimbursed by Ford. I believe Ford should be doing more to complete this recall service.

- Washington, IL, USA

Oct 122016

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. While driving 40 mph, the headlights became inoperable without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Somerville, TN, USA

Oct 162016

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

Safety recall received January 2016. Defective lighting module. My headlights go out while driving at night. Ford Motor Company informs my Ford dealer there are no parts available. The same has happened to my son's 2005 Crown Victoria who also received safety recall in January 2016 and his Ford dealer was told same thing.

- Fort Morgan, CO, USA

Jan 142016

Grand Marquis

While driving, the visibility wipers engaged with out being turned on by me. The cleaner sprayed the entire contents out from reservoir with out me pressing the button. This also occured while vehicle was not turned on with the key. Visibility wipers will not turn on when turned to any speed except high.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 212015

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Mcgaheysville, VA, USA

Jan 212016

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 125,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jan 082016

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable.the contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Dec 152015

NHTSA recall 15V-861

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jan 112016

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 09/06/16 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired. Updated 09/08/16.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Apr 282014

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.....updated 08/29/16

- New Market, VA, USA

Jun 282016

Grand Marquis

My headlights fail intermittently, don't know when it going to happen. It causes a safety hazard for me and any driver around me on the road. I am afraid to drive the vehicle in the evening. Ford sent me notice of recall twice in two years but, no parts available till they call. Do I have to crash before they get the parts or they waiting for my car to die before it is fixed. A big gamble on Ford part. Guy57575@gmail.com

- Brookfield, WI, USA

Mar 132014

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. While driving at various speeds, the headlights failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the lighting control module failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 47,000.

- Middletown, NY, USA

Jan 042016

Grand Marquis

Re recall 15S39/NHTSA 15V 861....dealer will not replace module uin less I have a problem says it only an extension of the warranty. It would be a little late if it fail at night on a major highway, ...why arent they replacing them, as per recall notice of Jan 2016 recall say7S it should be done as mit is a safety issue. Chapman Ford in egg harbor twp says its no an actual recall only a warranty7 extension which is

- Northfield, NJ, USA

Mar 242016

Grand Marquis

On 7-17-13 the lighting control module broke on my car. I repaired my car with the purchased cardone part #73-71002 for $343.14 from autozone. I later received a letter from Ford regarding the csp 14N01. I submitted my receipt to the dealer on 4-28-14 and received reimbursement. On 8-29-14 the part broke again on my car. Autozone/cardone warranty expired 7-17-14. I repaired my car with the purchased cardone part #73-71002 for $343.14 again, this time from oreilys. I called Ford for a reimbursement. They told me it was a one time reimbursement and to contact cardone or NHTSA. In Jan 2016, I received a letter from Ford regarding srn 15S39/NHTSA recall 15V-861. At that time we were not experience loss of lights. Now on 3-24-16, I was pulled over at night by the police for no lights, the part broke again. Oreilys/cardone warranty expired 8-29-15. Oreilys did not reimburse me. I contacted cardone they told me to contact oreilys. So now I am contacting NHTSA.. this cardone part, part #73-71002 is defective obviously. As of today, the part is still being sold at both autozone and oreilys. We do not have any headlights. We are not going to buy the same $343.14 defective part a third time. Please recall the cardone part 73-71002. How do I fix my car" there are no working parts to buy" both receipts are attached.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 012016

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. Additionally, the contact stated that the headlights would intermittently become dim without warning. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 177,000...updated 05/02/16

- Dayton, OH, USA

Jan 192015

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. While driving approximately 55 mph at night, the low beam headlights, tail lights, and instrument cluster failed to illuminate. In addition, the high beam headlights were inoperative. The vehicle was driven cautiously with the hazard warning lights activated. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V861000 (exterior lighting); however, the remedy involved the replacement of the lighting control module and not the other components that failed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Aug 012015

Grand Marquis

Lights go out after driving less than a 1/4 mile.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 272015

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact stated that the exterior headlamps independently failed. The contact stated that the headlamps would sporadically work after a period of time. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. Prior to the failure, the intake manifold leaked anti-freeze. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the intake manifold needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 96,794.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA