2009 Mercury Grand Marquis electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

May 012014

Grand Marquis

Interior lighting cable burned out. Lost floor lights, door lights and map lights

- Dockinson, TX, USA

Jun 142013

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

I had checked the tire pressures prior to a road trip and found them at 38 psi. I reset the pressures to the spec of 33 psi. Shortly the tire monitor came on and signaled a low tire pressure. I rechecked and they were ok. During my trip the light would keep coming on and I tried to reset the system to no avail. On my return, the power door locks kept malfunctioning. The door key pad would work sometime for both the doors and trunk. The next time they might not. The door switches on both passengers and drivers side would work sometimes. With both the tire pressure system and the door locks acting up and creating a nuisance, I took the car to the Ford dealership, two river Ford in mount juliet, tn.. the found a shorted wire in the harness going to the drivers side module that coordinates most of the safety systems on the car. There was no fire in my case, however, there could have been. I did receive a bill for $272.30. My concern is that Ford apparently does not accept any responsibility for what I consider a safety issue whether it was caused by poor system design on the harness layout or electrical current exceeding the wiring capabilities. Was it caused by excessive movement in the harness or was it current going through the wires as I tried to reset the pressure monitoring system 20-30 times. I am more then interested in knowing how many similar failures Ford has had in the Grand Marquis and the Ford crown vic.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jul 022010

Grand Marquis

The left turn signals (front, rear & dash) blink faster than the right ones indicating a burnt out bulb even though the left bulbs work. We replaced the front & rear bulbs twice and they worked normal for a short period of time. Then they revert to blinking fast. I replaced the bulbs the first time and the dealership service center replaced the bulbs the second time. There must be something wrong in the electrical system. I've noticed this with other Grand Marquis also.

- St. Louis, MO, USA