$2,000.00

1. new transmission (1 reports)
2006 Mercury Mariner transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Mariner:

2006 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Feb 092011

Mariner SUV

I was driving through town today, and the Overdrive-off light stayed on. I looked in my car manual, and it said that when I turn the ignition off, this would go away. So, I turned it off several times while driving around town. Each time it would come back on when I started driving again. Also it will not shift into a higher gear, and it started using a lot of gasoline. Also the transmission is slipping. This is very frustrating for me. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and all these problems makes me hurt much more. I called the dealer and I have an appt. for tomorrow.

- , Parkersburg, WV, USA

Jan 202009

Mariner Luxury V6

My 2006 Mercury Mariner has 46,000 miles on it and was slipping into gears. I called Ford and of course the warranty had expired and I asked about an extended warranty on the powertrain and was told that that kind of warranty didn't start until the 2007 model year...or course. I took it to my mechanic and the truck need a new transmission. He said that when he took the transmission pan off there were pieces of the transmission in it. There was a defective spring on the transmission that caused the clutches to slip and was no fault of the owner. Therefore, I had to pay $2035 to replace the transmission and I still have 3 more years of making payments on this piece of junk.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA