2007 Mercury Mariner wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Mariner:

2007 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Jun 042009

Mariner

I received a notice dated may, 2009 on June 3, 2009 from Ford regarding reports of tire valve stem cracks and air leaks on 2007 Mercury Mariner. They claim it is not a recall. I had a problem with one tire on February, 23 2009 on my way to the airport in the early a.M. and had it repaired - was valve stem leak. My husband checked the car with a magnifying glass and flashlight (only way to see cracks) and found the other three stem valves were cracked. No one with the naked eye could possibly see this. My husband said I could have had 3 flat tires simultaneously. I could have been seriously injured. Ford refuses to make any refunds under their program. I was told by the dealership that they were told not to bring this matter to the attention of their customers. Do the work only if the customer asks them too. This is much too dangerous a situation and Ford should make this recall to all vehicle owners who could be in danger. The refund would be nice since we weren't informed of this when we should have been but the lives of innocent people are at stake because Ford won't fess up to calling this a recall.

- Bluffton, SC, USA