NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2009 Mercury Mariner brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mercury Mariner:

2009 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Mariner 4-cyl

I was on my way home in my 2009 Mercury Mariner and my car started slowing down and was acting as though it was going to cut off. There was nowhere immediately to pull off and it was a very dangerous road. Finally after 5 minutes of praying and trying to keep going (very slowly) I made it to pull over. I turned off the car and started again and was able to make it home. I am reading online where this happens often to these makes and model. Its a throttle module issue. I am going to take it to the dealership in town tomorrow, but I honestly am very disappointed and disgusted that I may have to pay for a issue that seems to be common in this car. I bought the Ford because it was american made and I felt it would be dependable. I am very discouraged. I usually try to stick with the brands I find to be the best and when purchasing in the future, I am unsure I can trust Ford if there are known issues with vehicles but nothing done about them for its customers. It like buy and good luck.

- Greenville, SC, USA