2.8

2010 Mercury Mariner drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Mariner:

2010 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 252013

Mariner 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Mariner. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, there was a sudden loss of power as the wrench warning icon illuminated. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the electronic throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 58,849 and the current mileage was 59,000.

- Johns Town , PA, USA

Jun 222013

Mariner 6-cyl

I was driving down a busy highway when my car jerked and then stalled. The accelerator would not work. I was able to pull over and turn the car off. The car restarted and accelerated normally. This occurred three more times. I took the car to the dealership and they said the part was on national backorder and sent me home (in the unsafe car). I now am waiting to hear about when they can get the part.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jun 242013

Mariner 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving my Mariner and turn into a heavy traffic road and my car just went dead once I was in traffic. L was lucky that I wasn't hit from behind me. The car warnings displayed a wrench on the car panel. I took the car to the shop and it required repairs to the throttle control/power train. The car only has about 4600 miles on it. I have researched this problem on the internet and this is a recurring problems. There was no warning of a problem. The car just died in the middle of traffic. This is very dangerous and seem to be a known problem. Does someone have to die before they get this problem is recalled? the problem occurred so quickly that if you are not observant to your panel, you will miss it. And, it you are in an accident when it occurs, you will never see it.

- El Dorado, AR, USA

Jun 182013

Mariner 4-cyl

I was driving on the interstate when my gas pedal completely stopped working. The only indicator was the wrench light that came on at the same time the gas pedal stopping functioning. I almost had an accident trying to make my way to a shoulder with no way to accelerate during rush hour traffic. After being at the dealership, it was determined that the throttle body was bad and had to be replaced costing $500.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Jun 152013

Mariner 6-cyl

Was driving on interstate highway and accelerator speed dropped to a crawl. Pulled over and saw the wrench symbol. Got the manual out and it said throttle body/powertrain issue. Waited and restarted only 2 miles down the road again and that same thing happened. Car was still running but just going abt 2 mph if that. Very dangerous situation!

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 142013

Mariner

Had test done and was told throttle body is bad. Can not get part in because its on back order.

- Mulberry, FL, USA

May 162013

Mariner

The 2010 Mercury Mariner suddenly began stalling while driving 45mph on a two lane road. While this was occurring, it also began jerking and would not accelerate! the wrench light then came on. I was finally able to pull off to the side of the road and a tow truck was called for. The jimmy granger Ford dealership stated that the problem is a bad electronic throttle body.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Feb 152013

Mariner 6-cyl

The car lost all power while I was driving on the interstate at 65 mph. I was able to steer it to the side of the road, and to restart it. The same thing happened in 3 miles and then again in 1 mile. It was okay for the next 3 months. Then I tried to pass a tractor and my car stalled. I got it to the side of the road and was able to limp into a Ford service center where they diagnosed a " throttle body failure". I am waiting on a part back order to get it fixed!

- Albany, IN, USA

Dec 212012

Mariner 6-cyl

My wife was driving down the street in our Mercury Mariner when it suddenly went from 30 to 0 mph for no reason. Her foot was on the accelerator when it suddenly slowed to a stop, right in the middle of the road. When she tried to drive it again the powertrain alarm was on so we had it towed to the dealer. Ford mechanics found it to be an internal short in the throttle body and replaced it. Unbelievably, we had to pay $342.47, after Ford refused to do the replacement of an integral part of the engine even though the powertrain warranty was still in effect and it was a powertrain alarm. Not only do I believe this repair should have been paid by Ford under the warranty, but I believe we were forced to correct a dangerous defect that should have had a recall, as many others have had this same problems with their Ford products and it is extremely dangerous for a car to come to a sudden halt for no reason.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Mar 142013

Mariner 6-cyl

Sudden loss of power, engine idles but no propulsion, speedometer instantly drops to zero.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jan 312012

Mariner

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Mariner. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the power train warning light illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to be coasted to the side of the road and turned off. The contact was then able to restart the vehicle and drove to an authorized dealer where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 35,000 and the current mileage was 43,696.

- Las Casas, TN, USA

Dec 232011

Mariner 4-cyl

On Feb 2010, I signed a 3-yr lease on a 2010 Mercury Mariner. On Dec 23, 2011, after 8hrs of driving, on the way to my relatives, the vehicle started jerking. With 22,250 miles on the vehicle, my transmission failed; very harsh engagements, vehicle jerks hard between gears, looses power and pops forward when driving steady speed and when approaching an intersection to stop or turn. Safety concerns due to unknown if power failure will occur when there is oncoming traffic or if vehicle will pop me into oncoming traffic or hit someone ahead of me in traffic. Transmission issue also causes poor gas mileage. On 12/24/11, I took it to a nearby Ford dealership and they have had my truck going on two weeks and they are just repairing the transmission. Since I leased this through Ford motor credit, I contacted them last night in hopes that they will at least pro-rate my lease for the month. To no avail, they said they can't. the dealership said that there is no recall for this problem but it seems like I am not the only one experiencing these issues. What can I do?

- San Jose, CA, USA