NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems

3.2

2011 Mercury Mariner fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mercury Mariner:

2011 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Dec 132014

Mariner 4-cyl

Driving at 40 mph car stalls, pull over, car starts up engine lite on, (sat) take to dealer on mon (12/15/2014), explain to dealer, they call 3 hours later to say "purge valve needs to be replaced"ok this should be covered right? she says no! the cost to you will be $320.33. I told her this is part of the emissions, it has to be, she said no its not! I purchased this car from this dealer 3 1/2 years ago, (bought is new) still underwarranty.. but this is not covered! the 800 number to Ford blew me off! and said what the dealer says goes!>. why did she suggest I call them then! (not good customer service) I was hoping for explanation! please help, this should be covered. Look at your on line complaints about this! shame shame shame. Of course I paid it, I need my car! please note I was told that there were at 5 or more cars with the same/similar problem.

- Allen Park, MI, USA

Jul 302013

Mariner 4-cyl

Needs a new electric throttle due to the same issues reported in previous complaints. Exact issue referenced below. "in two recent complaints to nccc, drivers reported intermittent vehicle stalls and surges as they enter traffic from a stopped position or while driving at highway speeds. As the problem was initially intermittent, the drivers continued to operate their vehicles in this condition, eventually progressing to the point of keeping one foot on the brake while stopped and the other on the gas pedal to keep the vehicle running."

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA