2011 Mercury Mariner seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mercury Mariner:

2011 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Dec 232013

Mariner 6-cyl

In December of 2013, I was involved in a fender bender. After this accident the air bag light remained on. In January of 2015 I was bumped from behind with no damage. However, I then decided I should take in my car to see why the light was still on. As it turns out, the airbag module was apparently damaged beyond repair. I believe that this part was defective as the speed of either collision should not have been enough to cause the airbag system to completely shut down. Additionally, the high cost of the module also made it very costly to repair. This model of Mariner has been subject to a recall before. I had to take it into a shop because it would shut down on the highway while I was driving. I believe that more Mariners will see failures of this airbag module in the future and that this will require a recall. I still have the old module should NHTSA like to inspect it to see if it is defective.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 172013

Mariner 4-cyl

She pulled into a patients driveway and stopped she went to put it in park and the car just took off into the house. She (the driver) had to be taken to the er. She had her foot on the brake still when the car took off. I have pictures of how the right front tire was dragged through the dirt while brake was applied. It damaged the home and did over $5000 damage to the car. She insists it accelerated unexpectedly.

- New Castle, PA, USA