2.7

2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid:

2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 262015

Mariner Hybrid

Was stopped at a red light, car had been driving fine, but when the light turned green and I proceeded my car suddenly had reduced power and would not drive more than 40-45 mph. No lights or anything came on the dash the first time. The second time however a yellow/orange wrench light appeared. I got home and parked for the remainder of the day but then the following day the problem still proceeded and I then let it sit all weekend. The following Monday I turned it on to take to the repair shop and the car drove fine that entire day. The next day, Tuesday, while driving home from work it happened again only I couldnt go faster than 30mph in a 55 mph zone. Car was taken back to shop and diagnosed as a failure in the throttle body. During this time of reduced power fans in the trunk space got extremely loud and began sucking in air, as if trying to cool the batteries. Needless to say Ford has been no help and I can not get to work as I cannot safely drive my vehicle due to the limp home mode activating and random times. The prior investigation infuriates me to see they extended a wattanty instead of doing recall because now owners like myself are stuck not even being able to get to the dealership because the car is not safe to operate.

- Ponte Vedra, FL, USA