2.0

2006 Mercury Milan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Milan:

2006 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Jul 282012

Milan

My power steering failed as I was pulling out of a parking space. I heard a faint noise like a marble dropping onto a surface and rolling as I started the car. I quickly realized I was not able to steer the car. I had the car towed to my mechanic. He informed me that the bolt on the idler pulley broke, and part of this bolt fell into the engine. When I asked him how this could happen, he informed me that he believed it was due to the faulty design - placing too much pressure on this bolt, causing it to eventually break in two. They had to take the alternator off to recover the piece of the bolt that fell into the engine. The idler pulley was then replaced. I believe that if this had happened while I was driving, especially at a high speed, it would have caused a very serious if not fatal accident.

- Prairie Village, KS, USA

Jan 262010

Milan

Key wont come out of ignition and car not entirely in park

- Rockwall, TX, USA