1.5

2007 Mercury Milan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Milan:

2007 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Nov 142016

Milan

Went out to car to start before leaving to go to work notice that the car steering wheel would not turn. Got out the vehicle pop the hood of the car and seen that the belt had come off the pulleys the belt it's self was not broke but of the pulleys. This is the third time this has happen this year the first time I had to the car to jeffy lube to have it look at because the belt was squealing they check it out and I was told that the bolt had broke off and half of the bolt was still stuck in the hole. I had the bolt and pulley replace then. The second time I has sitting in my car with it on in parking lot and I heard something pop I got out pop the hood and notice the belt was off the pulley I had the car towed to a repair shop and was told the bolt that holds one of the pulleys was not fitting properly in the space where it belongs so it was loosening itself and the pulleys was coming a loose from its position allowing the belt to come off I had it fix. So there has to be a default problem with the pulley or bolt or the hole that the bolt goes in if the bolt keeps breaking off I'm tired of replacing the same problem every couple of months I have to pay for towing, labor and parts to repair shops I'm pretty sure this time it's the same problem I just hadn't had it towed to a repair shop today yet since it just happen I search to see if my car had a recall on this problem hadn't seen one yet

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jun 182016

Milan

Passenger airbag warning light illuminated. Took car to Ford dealership who diagnosed it as a sensor problem, and if not repaired could prevent the airbag from deploying. I have owned many cars and this is the first time, I've ever had a problem like this. After researching online, I saw there were numerous complaints for the same problem. Is the NHTSA aware of these safety hazards and should a recall be implemented?

- Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Milan

While driving, a wrench appeared on the instrument panel. When I looked it up, it was regarding the throttle transmission actuator. My car was losing power, bucking, and seemed like it was having issues changing speeds. I have researched this issue and found that Ford agreed to fix these cars up until January 31, 2015 for free. They did not do a mass recall and I am now going to cll the dealerships to see if I can get it fixed for free.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 062014

Milan 4-cyl

Battery died in my 2007 Mercury Milan. After replacing the battery the throttle body malfunctioned. Car would not accelerate and check engine light is on.

- Lithonia, GA, USA