NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

1.6

2008 Mercury Milan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Milan:

2008 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Feb 042014

Milan

My 2008 Mercury Milan stalls and accelerates rapidly when driving. I have to place my feet on the brakes and gas at stops because the engine increases power and the car actually jumps at times without my foot being on the pedal. There is no warning before this rapid acceleration and I have actually almost hit other cars because of this defect. My vehicle stalled a couple of days ago and I took it to a local dealership and I was informed that I needed to replace the following items. 1. power train control module 2. ignition coils 3. spark plugs 4. throttle body I called Ford's customer service and explained that the car was dangerous to drive and I was informed that it was nothing the company could do to assist me.

- Durham, NC, USA