2008 Mercury Milan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Milan:

2008 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Jan 142016

This complaint is similar to NHTSA id number: 10543085. 08 Mercury Milan with 3.0L 139,226 miles started missing and bucking while driving 60 mph on the highway. Took car to the local Ford dealer who told me that coil on plug #4 (cop) was melted and had fried the vehicles PCM. The Ford dealer quoted me $2,630.70 for the repair. He told me this issue was common and known by Ford. I can see how a cop can go bad after 139,226 miles, but I have a hard time with a cop melting and sending some sort spark back to the PCM and destroying a $700 part. Terrible engineering practice Ford. In order for the cop to melt to a point such that it did, it would had to be close to starting an engine fire. That would be very bad indeed. This could have even cause a lose of control at highway speeds. You do the math the result of that. Not good. I also find it hard to believe that there has been no recall for this issue.

- Whitehall, MI, USA

Jan 202014

Milan 4-cyl

While pulling out of a parking lot into the street, the electronic throttle body failed, putting the car into a "safe mode" with extremely limited power. Was able to use reverse to move car back into parking lot. I know that this exact issue (loss of power due to electronic throttle body failure) has caused a recall for some Ford and Mercury models, including the Milan, but it does not yet include my car's model year. From my experience, the recall should be expanded.

- Homeworth, OH, USA

Aug 052013

Milan 6-cyl

Car acted like it was about to running out of gas. I had about 1/4 tank of gas but went to fill the tank immediately. It still acted as if it was going to stall out, I drove vehicle home and left it parked in the driveway. Later that evening I was telling my husband about the car, he went out to test drive it. The car acted completely fine. Today I went to go on a 65 mile trip and the car started shaking almost uncontrollably more than 1/2 way with a full tank of gas. I waited til I was in a safe area and pulled over thinking that maybe I didn't warm the car up enough. I sat for several minutes and proceeded ahead to my destination but was petrified that I was gonna stall out cause that's how the car was acting. As soon as I arrived I called Ford and told them and they wanted me to wait a few days for an available appt. We took the car to a local mechanic and he made us aware that the problem was a tbs. The PCM is bad and coils are melted. I was just wondering if there was ever a recall issued for this problem since I've read so many of the same complaints.

- Poughquag, NY, USA