2008 Mercury Milan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Milan:

2008 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Both interior door handles on the driver's side of the car have broken in the same manner (bottom corner), and the handles won't retract. Doing internet searches, other people have this problem too with Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, & Lincoln mkzs. See picture at link below. Https:// the driver's door handle won't lock anymore. Ford says this hasn't been recalled. Both handles broke within 2 weeks of ea. Other. The back door is rarely used. The door handles were not aggressively opened - just normally opened. This happened when the car was stationary in a parking lot.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 052016

Brakes are very spongey in all actions. The brakes have been bled, have new brake pads and there are no leaks in the system. I have read other Mercury Milan and Ford Focus have the same problem, brake pedal going too low to the floor board. I feel that this could devlope into a future safety problem. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 022016

Britax boulevard 70 - I have had this car seat for two and a half years and understand that it is outside of the warranty. However I have discovered that there is a crack in the outer shell. I have attached a picture showing the crack in the seat. This car seat has never been in any kind of accident or had any damage sustained to it in any way. While talking to your customer service representatives aaron and tracy I was informed that I could have it replaced by paying $125. This is not something that make sense because I would not want to put my child in a seat that can be cracked from the installation process, how would it be able to sustain a car accident? in my opinion and the opinion of many other parents this is extremely concerning and worrisome. While expressing these concerns to tracy, she interrupt me and then continued to talk over me. This is very unprofessional and is not a quality management should have. She told me that manufacturers defects usually occur within the first year, but I can tell you that something was defective about this seat and usually is not all the time. If this would have been handled professionally and with tact I would not be upset. You well know that your seats are on the higher price point and your customers expect them to last without problems. I will not be buying another car seat from britax and I will be sharing this experience with others. I would not put my child in a seat that does not have the manufacturing companies support and one that does not have the best interest of their customers in mind.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Sep 152010

When going down to cincinnati, Ohio, shortly after I purchased my Mercury Milan, in September 2010, I had a flat tire outside of akron Ohio. (the car only had 3,000 to 4000 miles on it when I bought it & was kept in a garage during the winter, driven only in the summer months here in Michigan.). I had to purchase a new tire while in Ohio and also purchased a warranty (lifetime) on all the other Michelin tires. Between then and now, I have had no less then 15 to 20 incidents where the low tire pressure light comes on. I have never received a notification from the manufacturer, even though there has been one recall and three service bulletins issued for this vehicle. One of them involves the tires. My vehicle now has 32,000 miles on it and I am told I will be needing new tires shortly. How could this be" I've never had a vehicle that I only got 32,000 miles out of the original set of tires. I'm now suspecting that its possible the tires are leaking air due to the valve stem on the tire itself. I'd like to know why I've never received any bulletins or notifications on recalls. The problem lies either with the manufacturer of the vehicle putting poor quality tires on the vehicle or with the tire manufacturer. I'm on disability and cannot afford new tires. The car has only 32,000 miles on it & is driven gently. I certainly will not be buying Michelin tires ever. One other thing, 2 of the wheels had corrosion ground off them in hopes that the tire would fit better, however, this has not solved the problem. Where does the problem lie? I was told by discount tire that it's simply a matter of economics that manufacturers made the decision that it's "quantity over quality" when putting tires on new cars. In other words poor quality tires are put on new cars?" apparently, this is the case when one needs to buy new tires at only 32,000 miles.

- Novi , MI, USA

May 012015

The passenger-side dashboard under the airbag has begun to warp. The dealership is unable to repair and has indicated that the airbag "should" deploy in a crash. The dealership also stated that the airbag shouldn't deploy in normal driving conditions. The reason they said they couldn't repair is that they couldn't guarantee the airbag would deploy in an accident.

- Suffolk, VA, USA