2010 Mercury Milan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Jun 282016

My driver door inside handle is inoperative. I have to open door from outside handle. This means either someone has to open door for me from outside, or I roll down my windows to pull on the handle. The lock / unlock electronic button works, as well as the manual lock/unlock handle on the driver's door. However, this only allows locking latch (on the side of the door, see picture) to be able to release. So what happens if I am in an accident and the window is broken or I am in a panic to get out? I can't get out of the car by myself. Furthermore, I have to hit the unlock button for the outside door to be able to unlatch the lock (someone is trying to get me out, and I am dazed and can't open myself, nor understand to hit unlock to allow rescuer to help). I wanted to bring to the dealer I purchased the car from for evaluation. I was informed since my 2010 Mercury Milan has 80,600 miles, it is out of warranty, and since there is no safety recall on file, I must pay $100 technician inspection fee. Then there would be the charge for fixing it.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Mar 102013

Milan 6-cyl

I had just dropped my wife off at the door of the high school and went to park the car. As I was pulling into the parking space, I put my foot on the brake. Instead of slowing down to park, the car accelerated as if I had my foot to the floor on the accelerator. It happened so fast. I hit a concrete post. The car was still accelerating after I hit the post until I took my foot off of the brake. I then put my foot back on the brake and shifted the car into reverse. It worked like it should have. Nobody was hurt. The car had almost $3000 worth of damage. This isn't the first time this has happened to us. This is the first time the car was damaged. The other times the car accelerated like this, we thought we were doing something wrong. So we didn't turn it in. We have been driving for at least 25 years and never have had this happen to us before. We figured that we couldn't possibly have our foot touching the brake lightly and have the accelerator to the floor. Somebody could have been killed or hurt seriously. The car isn't safe to drive. The Ford garage is stating that they couldn't find anything wrong. I contacted Ford Motor Company and they said they were concerned about our safety. They aren't willing to do anything.

- Kaukauna, WI, USA

Sep 182011

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that the interior front driver side door severely lacerated her hand when she attempted to open the door. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the failure was common. The door handle was beginning to fracture and caused the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Marion, OH, USA