2010 Mercury Milan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Jul 012016

On July 1st I was making driving on the frontage road in my 2010 Mercury Milan and all of a sudden my passenger tire blew out so I pulled over to check what happened and when I came back to the car "service power steering" and "service advance trac" were lit up on my dash board. We changed the tire to the spare but when we were ready to drive the steering wheel was very difficult to move side to side. Luckily a family member lived near by so we were able to take the car there but the steering wheel was still hard. The next day we went to go get a new tire to replace the spare thinking maybe it was the spare that caused the service messages to appear on the dashboard but even with the tire change the steering wheel is still not able to allow any sort of turning motion unless there is an extremely strong effort to turn it. I'm aware that this exact incident also happened to another customer. I'm also aware how there's a recall on the 2011 but not on the 2010. A recall needs to be given for this year also because I've seen many complaints about the electrical power steering and advance trac. It's not right for us to have to cough up 1000 to fix something that is a defect in the car. I still owe on this car and don't plan to just have it sitting there with no use to it and throwing money down the drain. Please investigate these incidents of power steering and advance trac on the 2010 Mercury Milan so we too can get the recall that we need!

- Mercedes, TX, USA

Jan 202016

Power steering failure: My power steering failed while driving and the advancetrac light came on. My wife was making a turn on city street when the failure happened. We have 87000 miles

- Lorain, OH, USA

Jan 102016

Power steering failure: My power steering failed while driving and the engine light came on. Driving the car was difficult while I was on the highway with my daughter in the car. I contacted Ford customer service and they are aware of all the complaints, but refuse to offer any good will program or rectify the situation.. I have 115,000 miles and I was told that the warranty was only 5 yrs. /60,000. I have read several complains on the 2010 Mercury Milan premier series

- Brownstown, MI, USA

Mar 142015

Milan 4-cyl

Driving on highway at 65mph when the service power steering light comes on and the power steering goes out with stability control. It was very hard to just keep the car in the lane of the highway not to mention to turn the car. This had happen twice before with a Ford dealership resetting the sensor. This time the car went into the Ford shop coming out with them having to replace the power steering unit for a cost of $1700 but when they reported it to carfax it was only reported as an alignment and inspection! I feel that Ford knows this is an issue with this model car.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jan 302014

Driving down the road power steering was lost and control of the vehicle was lost causing to hit a curb damaging rack and pinion tie rod ends, wheels and tires and alignment.

- Nogales, AZ, USA

Dec 202014

Wife was driving car got aural warning accompanied by service power steering, and service advancetrac sys with the skidding car symbol on dash. Complete loss of power steering. There were no prior noises/steering issue that would have lead us to believe there was a problem and thankfully there were no adverse weather conditions such as snow or ice or need to avoid a collision she could barely steer vehicle.

- Wellsville, OH, USA

Oct 052014

As I was driving down the street, I heard a chime noise I looked down at my dash and my car said service advancetrac and service power steering. I noticed my power steering was starting to slowly go out. As I reached my destination, and then started my car to leave, my car now said service power steering now, and service advancetrac. At this point my car had no power steering at all, leaving me stranded hours from home.

- Marysville , CA, USA

Aug 282014

Electric throttle body issues.

- Henderson, KY, USA

Jan 302013

Wrench light came on and car started shaking and sputtering and would not advance and I almost got rear ended. I feel this is a serious problem and needs to be addressed. Also the engine light came on. Thank you

- Key West, FL, USA

Oct 032013

Milan 4-cyl

I was driving approx 60 mph on a highway. My car "jerked" forward once, and I completely lost the ability to accelerate. After moving to the shoulder of the road, my car was shaking and difficult to put in park due to the shaking. Car would start up again, but did not have the ability to accelerate except in low drive. Would not accelerate except in low. Had to towed to the dealership, where the throttle body needed replaced and kam reset. This is a 2010 car, fairly new.

- Boonville, IN, USA

Jul 072013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving on highway when I was no longer able accelerate in my 2010 Mercury Milan. The car began to jerk and the throttle control/transmission light came on. I turned car off and on and then could drive a few more miles when it repeated the scenario above. I was able to drive it to dealership. It did that a total of 6 times on the way to dealership and eventually both the throttle control & the service engine soon light was on. Dealership fixed my car, replacing the throttle body but charged me saying the problem was not under any warranty.

- Irving, TX, USA

Jun 242013

Milan 6-cyl

This vehicle (Mercury Milan 2010) stalled intermittently at stop signs and traffic lights. Stalling out more frequently, I notified my mechanic, who informed me, this is a current problem with Ford vehicles and Ford may be initiating a car recall for the hundreds of thousands of cars of which the throttle problem is occurring. I am repairing the vehicle on my own dime for our own safety, with the intention to file a reimbursement for this problem when Ford (Mercury) will at a later time, send a recall out for this extreme impairment to the propulsion of the vehicle.

- Altoona, PA, USA