NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2010 Mercury Milan (Page 2 of 2)

2010 Mercury Milan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 012013

Milan 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Mercury Milan with 40,000 miles on it. Recently someone pointed out to me that the driver-side brake light is continuously activated. Consequently when braking, drivers behind me are only notified by the right and center brake lights. It seems to only happen when the headlights are on. My research shows this to be a common issue with the 2010 Mercury Milan with some having both brake lights malfunctioning. Diagnosis says it is a faulty led brake light assembly, which would imply a bad circuit board. This is a serious safety hazard and should be recalled. I contacted Ford about it and they directed me to a dealer saying they, (Ford) would probably pay for the repair. After I contacted the dealer, Ford changed their mind and said that since I didn't buy the car new, they didn't consider me a "loyal¯" Ford customer and will not cover any of the cost. It seems Ford is only concerned about the safety of their "loyal" customers.

- Golden Valley, MN, USA

Jul 102012

Milan 4-cyl

Right rear brake light activates and stays on while running/headlights are turned on. I have also seen this while driving behind similar Milan. Some with both sides activated leaving only the center light to indicate actual braking.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

Jun 152012

Milan 6-cyl

I have had the Milan 2010 into Ford 6 times because the engine lost all power without warning:no lights;brakes'steering. I have witnesses. It has happened in all types of conditions: Stop and go traffic; merging onto a freeway. The last time black smoke came from under the hood. The car was in the shop for 6 weeks. A week after it was so called "repaired" the problem occurred again. I started a "lemon law" complaint in March 2012. My mother became fatally ill and died and I could not complete the claim. June 15, 2012 I was pulling into a parking space and the electrical system failed. I could not stop. I crashed into a cement wall. The car was a total loss. I got whiplash. My insurance company will not pay the balance remaining on the car. BBB stopped "lemon law" case because there was an accident. No attorney will take the case because there is not enough money to be gained. I am without a car; in debt; injured; driving a rental car and working 12 hours a day to buy a new car. Please help me.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA