2.8

2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 8 of 8)

Jun 122012

Milan 6-cyl

I was first in line at a red light on a 2-lane highway. When the light turned green, I accelerated and halfway through the intersection the car "lurched" and lost power. The car didn't die but there was no response in the gas pedal and a wrench symbol appeared in the dash. I made it through the intersection and to the shoulder at idle speed (with a line of cars behind me). I put the car in park and turned it off for a minute. It restarted ok, the wrench was gone and the car ran fine. I considered it a fluke until a week later when the same thing happened, except that I was traveling at 70 mph in the inside lane of the same highway. Luckily there was room to change lanes while decelerating and I pulled to the shoulder. Again, it restarted fine after I turned it off, and the wrench was gone. I took the car for service at a Ford dealer because losing power in traffic is a very dangerous situation and who knows when and where it might happen again. The tech found a problem with the throttle body and replaced it at a cost of about $350 parts/labor. Of course, we are just outside of the warranty period at 41,000 miles.

- Zimmerman, MN, USA