2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 9)

Jan 232014

Milan

While traveling at 55mph my vehicle stalled, lost all power and came to a stop at the side of the road. It was restarted several times each time with the wrench symbol illuminated. Was only able to drive home at 45mph and the car bucked and stalled two times. Will be calling Ford for repair. Luckily I signed up for the extended service plan when I purchased this vehicle as a certified pre owned car at the dealership. This is obviously a throttle body issue which I will be explaining to the tech's when I bring it in for repair. And more importantly, this is a major safety issue for the occupants of this car and other cars involved if an accident were to occur.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Aug 012011

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The contact also mentioned that the vehicle overheated and the driver's side brake light constantly illuminated on a different occasion. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the throttle body and radiator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was also taken to a private mechanic who found that the tail light needed to be replaced. The vehicle was being repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 40,000.

- Newton, NH, USA

Dec 112013

Milan 4-cyl

I was driving down the highway traveling at approximately 60mph when the car suddenly stalled and I was not able to accelerate. The wrench light came on at the same time as well. I turned on my hazard lights and was able to coast to the shoulder of the road. The car started to shake a lot as it slowed down. I turned the car off, and was able to start back up again. The very next morning while traveling a 50mph on a different highway the same thing happened again. I took it to the dealership to have a diagnostic run on the car as I had no idea why it was stopping. As I was about to turn into the dealership traveling at 25mph it stalled again. The result of the diagnostic test was there was a code stored in system of the electronic throttle body. It was giving a code for being stuck open when it should not have been. It was a failed component. After further internet research there is an open NHTSA investigation action number PE13003 (www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/cars/problems/defect/results.cfm?action_number=PE13003&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true) for this exact issue. I would like my vehicle to be added to the investigation as this is a serious safety defect with my vehicle that could have caused me bodily harm or death. It needs to be addressed and the part recalled.

- Kansas City , MO, USA

Dec 142013

Milan 4-cyl

While driving around 60 mph on a major highway the car suddenly would not continue to accelerate and I came to a stop. This was a very dangerous situation. I put the car in park and shut it off. I turned it back on and it took a few seconds to start. I drove away again only to have the exact same thing happen about a mile down the road.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 082013

Milan

Driving down the highway through town and vehicle died multiple times in the middle of the street causing me to narrowly avoid an accident with my three small children in the car. Upon further inspection of the throttle body assembly, I discovered that the problem is a $20-$60 electric motor that Ford uses to run the throttle body the throttle body is not strong enough to do the job for a very long period of time causing the throttle body to go out at around 50000 - 60000 miles. I was a mechanic for Ford for 7 years before joining the army and have seen this issue with this exact model throttle body plenty of times. Ford could easily sell the replacement electric motor for the price listed above, but instead they prefer to price gouge their customers by forcing them to pay over $200 for the whole new throttle body assembly. Also according to our local Ford parts dealer it is such a common part that needs replaced that the keep 3-4 on hand at all times.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Nov 232013

Milan 6-cyl

I was driving on the highway, on my way home when my car seemed liked it stalled. The wrench image on the dash board appeared, and I coasted my car off of the highway because I was coming up to an exit. Once my car slowed down to about 10-15 mph the car seemed like it was actually jumping, or bucking and trying to drive at a very slow pace. I pulled the car over to the side of the road, and shut the care off. I restarted the car, and the samething happened with the motor running rough, and the image of the wrench on my dash appearing. I shut the car off again, and let it sit for a couple of minutes, and restarted the car while holding the throttle down, and the car seemed to function fine after that. This also happened the next day on my way to work same exact scenario just a different place on the highway.

- Quincy, MA, USA

Nov 142013

Milan 6-cyl

Sudden loss of acceleration or ability to drive. Immediate display of icon showing mechanical problem. Towed to dealer, where throttle body failure was diagnosed. This incident occurred on a treacherous stretch of I-40 entering North Carolina, where shoulder is very narrow, and we barely escaped injury and/or death.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Nov 162013

Milan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power as the mil warning light illuminated. The vehicle was shut down and restarted, and functioned normally. The contact also mentioned that the failure was experienced multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 44,000. Updated 12-26-13 the throttle body was replaced. Updated 12/30/13

- Hatfield, PA, USA

Jul 222013

Milan

Engine goes limp. Throttle body control light comes on. Ford has replaced the throttle body control twice and the problem keeps coming back. Ford will not consider any other problems and keeps wanting to replace the throttle body control. Most often happens when in reverse going up a hill. If I place the car in park and turn off the engine, then re-start, the engine is no longer limp. This problem has occurred over 6 months, multiple (>20) times.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Nov 072013

Milan 6-cyl

With no warning, vehicle appeared to stall out which resulted in a limp home or reduced power mode; after the third circumstance we took vehicle to the dealer for replacement of the throttle body and motor asy.

- Narragansett, RI, USA

Nov 082013

Milan 6-cyl

I was pulling away from a stop sign when the car engine seemed to stall out. It was surging a bit, but would not accelerate. I was able to pull over to the curb, but could continue to feel the engine surge as I was stopping. I turned off the car and the problem seemed to resolve. I was able to drive home normally after turning off and restarting the car.

- Ferndale, MI, USA

Oct 112013

Milan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 25 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted and was taken to the dealer where it was found that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 28,708...updated 12-26-13 the vehicle stalled and was re-started multiple times. The vehicle was fixed at a cost of $455.50. Updated 12/30/13

- Bedford, MA, USA

Nov 022013

Milan 4-cyl

While driving at a speed of 55 miles per hour on November 2, 2013, and at a speed of 50 miles per hour on November 4, 2013, my 2010 Mercury Milan abruptly stalled and I had to pull over instantly on both occasions in order to prevent being hit from behind. On these two occasions, the car had to be re-started. I brought the vehicle in for service as soon as possible on Wednesday, November 6, to correct the problem, which was a defective throttle body that had to be replaced. The throttle body was no longer under the general warranty and not included in the power train warranty.

- Nazareth, PA, USA

Oct 072013

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact also mentioned that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who informed the contact that the throttle body had carbon build up inside. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 46,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power then it stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who stated the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000.

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

Milan 4-cyl

I was driving down the high way at 55mph and the car started to slow down on its own and would not accelerate at all. I pulled the car over to a complete stop and the RPM gauge was bouncing up and down rapidly and the vehicle was violently shaking. Once I turn the car off I waited a few minutes and started it back up and everything was fine, no engine light, no shakes, nothing. I got back on the road and 15 minutes later it did the same thing. I barely made it back home due to the fact it was spitting and sputtering and causing traffic to slow down when it stalls and now I'm out of a vehicle due to the fact it cost soo much to fix. Code was P2111.

- Jeffersonville , IN, USA

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact had the vehicle towed to a dealer, who stated that the throttle body was defective. The dealer replaced the throttle body but the repair did not remedy the issue and the vehicle continued to stall sporadically. The contact then took the vehicle to a local mechanic, who stated that throttle body was defective. The mechanic replaced the throttle body for the second time. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 82,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 11/14/13

- Alexander City, AL, USA

Oct 022013

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate properly and the mil warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the throttle body had failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 31,875.

- Minot, ND, USA

Sep 262013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving down the highway experienced a total loss of acceleration. Car still maintained an idle but no matter how many times I pressed the pedal to the floor it would not recognize me doing so. (kind of like and older vehicle with a cable just breaking). Fortunately it did not effect steering or braking but it was quite challenging to get to the side of the road. If I shut of vehicle and restarted gas pedal works fine again. I immediately contacted a master Ford tech that I know personally and he informed me that more than likely it was the electronic throttle body that there has been many complaints and replacements done on that particular engine recently in their shop. Due to the lack of funds I continued driving the vehicle and have experienced the same problem a minimum of 8 times in 3 weeks. I no longer will allow my wife to drive car until I can repair.

- Brunswick, OH, USA

Sep 212013

Milan 4-cyl

First time this happened I was pull out into a 4 lane road and the car just shook and had no power. 2nd time I was going 70 on highway and the car lost all power. Almost had semi in rear end. 3rd time I was on side street at 4 way stop. Car lost all power after going. All times the wrench light came on then the engine light. Had 2 mechanics look at it and said bad throttle. This is an expensive part not cover any longer. Seen all complaints on it. Should be recalled dangerous.

- Monroe , MI, USA