2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 5 of 9)

Jan 252013

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact was driving 25 mph when the engine stalled with the illumination of the check engine warning lamp. The vehicle was repaired and diagnosed as having a faulty electronic throttle body. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 30000.

- Phoenixville, PA, USA

Aug 202013

Milan 4-cyl

I was driving with the cruise control set at 60mph and the car popped and lost speed and the car would barely stay running. I pulled off the road ( during rush hour) and shut the car off. I re-started the car and it ran correctly.

- Independence, MO, USA

Aug 192013

Milan 6-cyl

The car suddenly jolted to a halt in an intersection and would not continue to move. Ford dealer stated it was a throttle body failure.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Aug 182013

Milan

I was traveling 70 mph when my car stalled out, the wrench light came on and I had to coast to safety. This happened again the next morning going approximately 10 mph. Car was towed to dealership and it was diagnosed as the throttle body control.

- Plano, TX, USA

Aug 162013

Milan 6-cyl

Electronic throttle body failed as I was driving on the interstate. Car lost all throttle control, idled down to 1000 RPM, and rapidly decelerated in heavy interstate traffic. Had to pull over immediately.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Aug 172013

Milan 6-cyl

I was on fl turnpike at 70 mph, traffic very heavy.I lost power and had to coast to the shoulder from left lane. Almost got ran over, but thank god I didn't.I cut the motor off.restarted it.I got my speed up to 70mph.it surged a few times.ran ok too home. This could be a life or death thing. I wonder if anyone has been hurt because of this. I will call Ford today and get it fixed.

- Live Oak, FL, USA

Jul 142013

Milan 6-cyl

Throttle body defect -- the problem began July 14 and happened several times. It was finally fixed by July 31. The vehicle began to lose power, mostly after stopping at an intersection and making a turn to the right or left. It happened once while driving straight and slowing down for a school zone. In most cases, I was able to coast to the side of the road, turn off the car, and restart. The wrench light came on in each incident. Thankfully, I did not have to go onto a highway before I was able to get the car to the dealer for repair. After they figured out what was wrong, it took about 2 weeks to get the part. It was very frightening for the car to stop in the middle of an intersection, especially when turning left! this is a potentially very dangerous defect, and these cars should be recalled so that the company is responsible for the repair. Most of my driving is done at village speed limits of 25 to 30 mph. Even at those speeds, it is very frightening for the car to suddenly stop in the middle of an intersection. I am still very hesitant to take the car out on the highway. Even after repair, it sometimes feels like it hesitates and might lose power.

- East Hampton, NY, USA

Aug 102013

Milan

I was passing another car. I began to increase my speed. The reading of my speedometer began to decrease & my car began to stop pulling, as if it had lost its energy. I pulled over to side of road. Pressed on the gas pedal to idle up car. Nothing happened. Turned car off & back on. Car began to drive normal for about 5 days. Then it happened two more times in one day. Next, I took it to a Ford dealership. They stated it would take about $520 to repair. I thought my platinum warranty would cover this but, unfortunately I was told it wouldn't. I just purchase this car in Feb 2013. Today's date is August 16,2013....not a happy customer!!!!

- Rocky Mount , NC, USA

Aug 152012

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle decelerated without manual force and stalled with the illumination of the maintenance light. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where it was stated the throttle assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- North Cape May , NJ, USA

Jun 122013

Milan 6-cyl

First brake light and tail light on drivers side light up once in awhile did not know was out till friend told me, cost to repair led light is $400 for part have not repaired yet, while driving at any speed car will shut down to limp mode, dealer stated $550 to repair and replace throttle body, both are serious safety items that could result in being rear ended, out of warranty so ordering a throttle body and replace by ourselves for it stalls out continuously, recall should be ordered on both the tail light assemblies and the throttle body as both are a common problem on these vehicles.

- Bella Vista, AR, USA

Aug 122013

Milan 6-cyl

Vehicle stalls out at random times. Goes into limp home mode. Seems to be a common problem with throttle body. Would be nice if Ford fixed this and got parts out.

- Great Falls, MT, USA

Jul 202013

Milan

My car has stopped numerous time in the middle of a busy expressway and has almost resulted in a accident. I had two small children in my vehicle at the time, my car continues to stop many times and I attempted to get the problem solved but I cannot since there is a severe back order on Mercury Milan throttle body. Therefore I am forced to drive in unsafe conditions because of a mass problem that is obviously going on with Ford/Mercury vehicles.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 042013

Milan 6-cyl

Vehicle lost speed for no reason. The accelerator pedal had no response but the motor stayed at idle. Still had brakes, steering and other functions but no ability to accelerate. The vehicle did have a check engine light come on (wrench icon) at the dash.

- Bergoo, WV, USA

Jul 212013

Milan 6-cyl

My wife was driving this car on the NJ garden state parkway at 65 mph in the express lanes when the vehicle started running bad and lost power. This was a dangerous condition to lose power at that speed. She pulled the car over to side, shut off engine, then restarted and was able to move vehicle about a mile and get off the parkway at exit 117 to route 35 South. The car again started to run bad and she pulled into a Ford dealership near this exit. The Ford dealer had to replace the throttle body which went bad. This took 5 days as there is a national shortage for this part.#ds7Z9E926D. It is evident that Ford has a serious problem with this part breaking down on thousands of cars as I see other customer complaints on the internet. I contacted Ford Corp. In detroit and was told not under warranty on my car. This needs to be a recall. I worry that this part is defective, won't last long and will have to be replaced again in the future. I worry about another breakdown at high speed--very dangerous condition.

- Linden, NJ, USA

Aug 012013

Milan 4-cyl

Driving car started to shake acted like it wanted to die check engine light came one and little wrench light this happened out of the blue no warning or anything one second car running fine the next will not accelerate?

- Waco, TX, USA

Jun 242013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving at approximately 45 mph, I lost throttle response, the engine assumed idle rpms. Fortunately there was a place I could pull over and call for a roll back to take the car to the Ford dealer. The throttle body assembly was the culprit and was subsequently replaced.

- Lititz, PA, USA

Jul 202013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving at approximately 58 mph on 7/20/13 the wrench light came on, the car lost power. The car was still running but there was no reaction in power when pushing on gas pedal. Pulled the car over, put in park, it was still running, with a slight shake, turned car off waited several minutes before starting. When started the car ran fine and the light was off. Two days later, 7/22/13, this happened again while I was making a turn from a stop sign. Same thing pulled over, restarted, light was off, drove fine. Few days later, 7/25/13, car went in for oil change and tire rotation and I had them see what they could find out. Up until this point the car has ran fine, no issues, and I love the car. I was informed that it was a throttle body issue and is on back order for one-two months. I then drive the car with no issues for several days. Once again on 7/30/13 the same thing happens this time at about 35 mph, is fine once started back up. Same thing on 8/1/13. On 8/4/13 I was on my way home going approximately 55 mph and this happens, I was able to get off to the side of the road quick enough that it didn't interfere with the traffic behind me. I got down the road and was trying to turn onto my road and this happens again and I am now in middle of lane for oncoming traffic, I manage to get it going and finish turn just for it to happen again and I was almost rear ended by person turning onto road. I then let the car sit for several hours before I had to run an errand, I was only able to make it three houses down before this happened again. This is an extreme safety issue, I am luck in that I live in a rural area, but there is enough traffic or when going to work, that this could cause a bad accident causing injury not only to myself or another driver but to the children in my car.

- Brocton, NY, USA

Jun 012010

Milan 6-cyl

Shortly after purchase, vehicle would 'stumble' at highway speeds (40-65). Power would recover and continue. Problem seemed to occur more often in hot weather and seemed less frequent in cooler (winter) weather. Dealer could not duplicate but performed recall 10B15C. Problem worsened with loss of power without warning at anywhere between 35 - 65mph with 'wrench' appearing on display. Shutting car off and restart after a couple/few minutes returns power with no illumination of wrench or engine symbol. Power loss now occurring on each trip and has occurred repeatedly within short time (minutes) of first failure. If engine dies repeatedly, engine symbol illuminates and codes P2111 and P0685 have been found. Engine now dies both at highway speeds and at idle. Researched web for codes and found that throttle body is a likely problem. Contacted dealer(s) who stated any repairs would be at customer's expense.

- Burtonsville, MD, USA

Jul 292013

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the vehicle lost power without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer for inspection and they stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,150.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Jul 282013

Milan 4-cyl

Driving on expressway at 65 mph, and vehicle lost power, coasted to side of road. Engine was vibrating/shaking a lot. The wrench symbol was lit. I shut the vehicle off. Waited just a short time, about 30 seconds and started and it seemed okay. I continued home, about 10 miles without another problem. It also happened another time, just driving about 10 mph, when I pulled out of my driveway. I believe the engine quit, I was able to restart it, and back into my driveway. I remember seeing the wrench light and the battery light. Again, there was a lot of shaking of the engine.

- Rush, NY, USA