2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 8 of 9)

Jun 052013

Milan

While commuting to work on the highway, the engine started bucking and hesitating, then went into an idle. I was able to pull over on the shoulder, shut the engine off for about 20 seconds. When I restarted it, it took longer to actually start. I drove for another 5 minutes and it happened again. This time I pulled over, turned the engine off and waited a couple minutes before restarting. I was able to drive to the dealer on side roads at no more than 35 mph without another incident. The mechanic told me the throttle body needed to be replaced and it is on backorder until mid-July - 5 weeks away! furthermore, since it is not on recall, they won't pay for a loaner.

- Franklin`, MA, USA

May 132013

Milan 4-cyl

Car started to slow down sputter lose power no throttle response had to pull off busy rush hour traffic.waited about five minutes restarted car. Went to Ford they could not duplicate problem. Searched internet found several similar conditions resulting in faulty throttle body asym. Happened again twice, very dangerous back to dealership they found faulty throttle body, guess what part on national back order need to drive car two to three weeks with this condition not too safe. Car has 2.5 engine auto trans.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 292013

Milan

Approximately one year ago, while driving at highway speed on a three lane interstate, my car stalled. I was able to steer it off to the shoulder and turn off the car. It then restarted and there has been no problem since, until yesterday. Driving at approx. 45 mph, the car again stalled. Again, I managed to get the vehicle off to the side of the road, turned it off and then back on. I was close to home so decided to try and limp home. I did eventually make it home but with numerous stalls, slowing of traffic and even through an intersection near a busy school at bus time. I stopped traffic numerous times and was not able to accelerate beyond 10-15mph. This morning, I am told by the mechanic that the problem is the throttle body. Apparently, there are no replacement parts available since many other vehicles are also in need of this part. I am home from work today, arranging for rental or courtesy cars, and I am told it will be approximately $500-600 to repair! I have owned this car for only 1-1/2 years.

- Minnetonka, MN, USA

May 102013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving at 45mph on road, maintaining constant speed, car goes into limp mode, no throttle control. Wrench light comes on. Pulled over to side of the road, put car into park and waited a few seconds, car re-ignited and was able to get home. This happened again 2 times the next day in route to the grocery store which is less than 4 miles away. It has consistently been happening nearly every time I drive it. I have stalled out at 2 intersections which is very dangerous. I just had the car diagnosed with electronic throttle body failure. $136 later, and I have ordered the new part, but was told it could take 2-3 weeks before they are available and that if I saved my receipt I will be reimbursed by Ford/Mercury at recall. I am afraid to drive the car at this point because there is no telling when it will just stall again. Really need my car to get to work!

- Clermont , FL, USA

May 092013

Milan 4-cyl

My vehicle was towed at my expense to a shop. The verdict was a 'throttle body' issue. This vehicle went into the 'limp home' mode with no warning. I would challenge the president of Ford to attempt to limp this vehicle just 5 miles on any busy road in the nation in this mode. Apparently, judging by my research, it is an ongoing problem and widespread. As of right now the vehicle is unusable, since the parts are on 'indefinite back-order' awaiting some sort of release of parts. The vehicle is stuck at a dealership, no fix date in sight until the part (or substitute part) becomes available. This leave me with no transportation (I'm disabled currently) and no recourse. Even if I find a currently available replacement part, without whatever fix is needed, my faith in the vehicle is gone. Faith in all Ford vehicles I might add. The ride home was dangerous at the crawl speed it will do, especially with the lurching at times.

- Jackosnville, FL, USA

May 162013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving my 2010 Milan at the speed of 55 mph, the car shook slightly and the wrench light appeared. The car began to lose power - I was able to steer with no problem. I could not accelerate. I shut the car off - and started it again. The first time it started with no problem. Within driving 4 more miles, the same thing happened again. This time I was driving 25 mph. It happened seven more times before the check engine light came on. Each time when I tried to start my car, it kept turning over before it would start. I waited for an hour on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck. When the tow arrived, the car started just fine - the check engine light was still on. This is extremely dangerous! I was driving in rush hour traffic and was almost rear ended on the highway. Again when it occurred in town, there was no where for me to coast off to the side of the road, I had to stop in traffic to restart me car.

- Bluemont, VA, USA

May 122013

Milan 4-cyl

Driving about 40-50mph in traffic, the car suddenly jerked, felt like a hard gear-shift. The green wrench light & orange engine light came on and the throttle was unresponsive. The car still had power but no acceleration, engine sputtered, had to pull off the road while coasting, car was idling very rough so was shutdown. I was able to restart it but the problem recurred four times the next two days. Stopped at advance auto parts since it was early evening, they pulled dtc P2111 "throttle actuator control system stuck open" from car's computer and he says the throttle value is sticking. Scheduled service at world Ford dealership where car was purchased just four months prior. I was told the throttle body needed replacing "this is very common, we replace them all the time" he said. I purchased a powertrain extended warranty with the car that states it covers the "throttle valve" among its covered parts but the service man first says that's different than the "throttle body" (my understanding is the throttle valve is the plate inside the throttle body that opens/closes controlling airflow to the manifold, it that is "stuck open", it should be covered). He then says he doesn't even know what a "throttle value" is and says it will cost approx $350 to repair. They obviously know this is a problem and are taking advantage of their customers replacing the faulty parts.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

May 042013

Milan 6-cyl

Vehicle loss of power to gas pedal on interstate 3 times...had to pull over and turn off then restart. Electronic throttlebody code P2111.

- Warrensburg, IL, USA

Apr 172013

Milan

Driving at highway speed limit with cruise on there was a loss of cruise control, no throttle response and the "wrench" light came on. I was able to pull off the highway. Engine was running roughly, turned it off immediately. No cell phone service in the area so I could not get a tow truck. Restarted the car. Operated fine to get home 10 miles. Was taking it to the nearest dealer 30 miles from home when the same thing happened. I'm glad I did not have my children with me during these incidents. After viewing internet videos and reading on many internet sights this seems to be a problem with many Mercury Milan. Ford needs to recall and fix the problem that causes this.

- Cedar Bluff, AL, USA

Jun 302012

Milan 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that the vehicle was started and he shifted into drive, the vehicle suddenly accelerated to 30 mph without warning. The contact applied the brakes but the vehicle did not stop. The contact crashed into a tree as a result. The contact suffered minor injuries from the crash and the vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The contact called manufacturer and filed a complaint. The failure mileage was 20,000. Updated 06/18/13 updated 06/24/2013

- Tonka Bay, MN, USA

Apr 022013

Milan

While driving on the highway, my car stopped accelerating and the rpms did not budge even when I stepped on the gas. A few seconds later the front end of my car (which I am assuming was the engine) began sputtering. A service light also appeared which is the one that is shaped like a double-sided wrench. I pulled off of the road and turned off the engine. I turned the engine back on a few minutes later and it started without any problems. I took my car into a Ford dealership an hour after and they could not find anything wrong. They plugged in the computer and it did not detect any issues. I asked them to pop the hood to see if they could notice any obvious discrepancies but they refused to. They stated that they could not do anything for me because the problem was not currently happening.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 112012

Milan 6-cyl

I was driving on the freeway at 65 mph and the car seemed to stall. I lost power and coasted to a stop. I could push the accelerator to the floor and the car had enough power to crawl forward. I turned the key off and that cleared the problem. However the problem came back a few days later. Again I turned the key off and the problem cleared. After this happened a second time I took the car to a friend who owns a mechanics shop. He hooked up the car to his computer and he retrieved a code for the problem. After receiving the code I called the dealer I bought the car from and the service department told me the code was for the throttle body. The dealer told me Ford would not cover the replacement of this part. About a week after the initial occurrence I lost power again and I turned the key off, the problem cleared but only long enough to drive another mile and it happened again and again and again. Luckily I was in town and I found the closest mechanics shop to take it too.

- Shawano, WI, USA

Jun 152012

Milan

While operating the vehicle under normal conditions the vehicle would stall out and lose power resulting in rapid decrease in speed and create unsafe driving situations. Car would still be running but pressing the gas would not result in acceleration. Turning vehicle off and restarting again would sometimes remedy problem but problem increased in frequency and severity, even happening to my wife while driving the vehicle on the highway at speeds in excess of 60+ mph traveling through bridge/tunnel system in local area.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Oct 302012

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact pulled the vehicle over and restarted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls and referred him to NHTSA. The failure mileage was 55,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Prince George, VA, USA

Sep 172012

Milan 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while traveling 65 mph the vehicle started to shake violently and then stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who diagnose that the throttle body assembly needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the wrench symbol illuminated on the instrument panel when the failure occurred.the failure mileage was 52,277 and the current mileage was 55,000. Updated 12/10/12 updated 12/17/12

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Sep 282012

Milan

I would like to know why nobody has done anything about this throttle body problem. If you look online and you will see how many complaints there are about the same problem. I would like this to be on the recall list so all of the ones that own this car will not have to pay anywhere from 300-500 to get it fixed. This is a safety problem I was driving on I295 going about 6mph and I lost all throttle control, I'm in the far left lane and had no where to go so I'm coasting to the right shoulder and all most got hit 4 times. I would say this is a really important safety problem. I read about 35 of the same problems online and I haven't seen anyone from your company or Ford comment on this are they waiting for someone to get killed before anything gets done to fix this. I will be calling Monday morning to see what you or Ford will do about this problem if nothin is done I will contact a lawyer and the news media. We were almost killed and something needs to get done at Ford cost not the people who thought they had a safe car.

- Deepwater, NJ, USA

Sep 212012

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle stopped accelerating and the check engine warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact shut off and restarted the vehicle, which then resumed normal operation. The contact stated that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for inspection where they stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jul 102012

Milan

While driving, the throttle would lose the ability to send fuel to the motor thus causing no acceleration ability. I was required to pull off of the road and turn the vehicle off and restart it. The check engine light and throttle light came on. The vehicle needed an new electronic throttle body.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jul 192012

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage was 41,000.

- Laingsburg, MI, USA

Jul 052012

Milan

I was driving approximately 50 mph. The car began to slow down, and it jerked and hesitated and began to decelerate as it continued the jerking and hesitation. The car would not respond to the accelerator at all. Continued to jerk and slow down and the engine and transmission were not functioning properly. I pulled in to a gas station and stopped the car.

- Conway, AR, USA