2.9

2010 Mercury Milan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Nov 152013

Milan

Twice while travelling at low speed, it dropped into what appeared to be a limp home mode. A restart returned the vehicle to somewhat normal operation, but it seemed to be running just ever so slightly, rough.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Oct 032013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving freeway at 77 mph when vehicle suddenly started slowing down. Managed to get car over to shoulder of road and tried to get off ramp but wouldn't make it. No lights came on and felt like it was still running at idle. Stepped on gas but wouldn't accelerate in drive or park. Shut vehicle off and started twice before I could get response from stepping on gas. Then took off like nothing wrong. Very dangerous and lucky traffic was light. Had one other incident with car doing same thing but was sitting at traffic light.

- Southgate, MI, USA

Sep 262013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving down the highway experienced a total loss of acceleration. Car still maintained an idle but no matter how many times I pressed the pedal to the floor it would not recognize me doing so. (kind of like and older vehicle with a cable just breaking). Fortunately it did not effect steering or braking but it was quite challenging to get to the side of the road. If I shut of vehicle and restarted gas pedal works fine again. I immediately contacted a master Ford tech that I know personally and he informed me that more than likely it was the electronic throttle body that there has been many complaints and replacements done on that particular engine recently in their shop. Due to the lack of funds I continued driving the vehicle and have experienced the same problem a minimum of 8 times in 3 weeks. I no longer will allow my wife to drive car until I can repair.

- Brunswick, OH, USA

Sep 022013

Milan

The car loses power while driving, the wrench light comes on and then I have to pull over to the side of the road, it has also happened on the highway which is scary? also the car sometimes has an idle problem, like its trying not to stall, but causes the car to jump a little while at stop lights. Also when I get gas, the car does not want to start, but if I leave the car running while getting gas the car is fine.

- Olean , NY, USA

Oct 112013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving on a freeway (middle lane) at ~ 50 mph the "wrench" light cane on and the vehicle slowed to 20mph. Very unsafe.

- White Bear Lake, MN, USA

Sep 182013

Milan 6-cyl

Intermittent problem which occurred at variable speeds (25 mph, 40 mph, 60 mph) with rapidly increasing frequency in the week before the throttle body was replaced. While driving, the engine seemed to shift out of gear. However, there was no increase in RPM in response to the accelerator. Pulled to side of road with very low RPM, the vehicle was turned off and then restarted each time without problem.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Sep 202013

Milan

Stop at red light and the car refuse to accelerate. Had to coast to the side of the road. When car is cut off and turn back on it will run for a little while and does the same thing again. Kids in the car on the side of the road. When I first got the car the transmission went out, had it less than 2 wks. Now this is happening, cost over $600 dollars for something that is manufactured screw up. I need my car to get kids to school and work. All these complaints about the same problem needs a recall very quick before someone gets into an accident.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Jan 112013

Milan 6-cyl

I was driving my Mercury Milan when it starting surging and then lost all power.since that date it has happened to me at least 50 more times, some worse then others.this is very dangerous as it has happened as I have entered intersections, putting my life in danger of being hit !! I have taken it to the dealer but they said it is no longer under warranty so it would cost over $600 which I do not have.this is making me sick as now I am afraid to drive my car even though I have to in order to get back and forth from work!!

- Cannon Falls, MN, USA

Aug 272013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving to work one morning my car appeared to stall without warning on the incline of a viaduct. It slowed dramatically without me braking, so there were no brake lights to warn other drivers. I was fortunate the driver behind me was paying attention and did not run into me. I made an emergency maneuver to get off the road, and called aaa for a tow. While on hold with aaa, I restarted my car. It appeared to be working normally, so I went to work without incident. Later in the day my car seemed to stall again on the way to lunch. This was in a remote area with no other traffic. Again it restarted, and worked fine on my return to work. While driving home it happened a third time in a construction zone. I had to pull over near huge rollers that were leveling newly laid asphalt. Luckily it started again and I merged back into construction traffic and drove home. I called the Ford dealer I bought the car from. They told me over the phone it sounded like another bad throttle body. I got a ride to work the next day, and took it in as soon as I could get an appointment. The Ford dealer replaced the throttle body, and I have had no problems since.

- Beecher, IL, USA

Sep 142013

Milan

At dusk on Saturday september14,2013 traveling North bound on 6 lane interstate I-55 in far left lane at 67 mph with cruise control on the car began to slow RPM returned to idling speed under 800 RPM and was unresponsive to accelerator pressure. The traffic was heavy and I was lucky to be able to move across lanes and reach the shoulder before car had slowed to 5 mph. The wrench light came on. Shut off the car restarted it and accelerator was responsive began to accelerate to merge back on to highway and again lost power. Shut off car again and accelerating very slowly was able to reach an exit about 1 mile away before car again lost power. Called for a tow back home as vehicle was unsafe. Car taken to dealership September 16th for repair and the throttle body needed to be replaced. I learned on line that this seems to be a common problem with certain Ford and Mercury products but there has been no recall to fix this defective part which puts the driver and passenger in grave danger when the throttle body malfunctions.luckily I was in a fairly populated area and cell phone service was available. I fear what could have happened if traffic had been even heavier or been in a more remote area. These products should be recalled as they present a serious safety issues for drivers.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Sep 132013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving 2 weeks ago, going 45 mph and the accelerator stopped working. Engine was running and I could still safely pull it over to the side of the road. I turned the vehicle off and then back on and it worked again. Since there were many areas of non-safe roads to pull over, I decided to have it towed home. It has driven fine ever since, until today, going 55mph, on the interstate, accelerator stops working. I safely pulled over, turned off and restarted engine. I safely drove to my nearest Ford dealership where they say it is the throttle sensor. Why is this not eligible for recall yet as I read these many, many pages of posts on the same thing? I have to wait until November for the part as it is on backorder. No safe car to drive until then.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Aug 222013

Milan 4-cyl

I was on my way to work and got on the freeway and as I accelerated to the flow of traffic, the car started splutting and I was in the middle lane with a truck close behind me and cars on each side. The speed started to decrease as I pushed on the gas petal with nothing happening. It was as though it ran out of gas and the console lights came on. I panic and tried to work my way to the side of the road. I was able to get over after the truck barely missed pitting me and coasted til the car slowed down and turned the car off and tried to start it again, it started because I knew that it wasn't out of gas, I had a full tank. There was no check engine light on at that time either. I preceded to get back on the freeway and got up to 50 mph and went to the nearest exit and my car repeated the same thing, this time with a jerking motion..that when the check engine light came on. I moved the car to a safer area and called to get it towed. It was place on the a machine that read P2111 and P2112. The auto shop informed me that it was the throttle body.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 082013

Milan

While driving 50 mph on a highway, the vehicle suddenly without warning loss all propulsion and started to sputter violently. I noticed the "wrench" light indicator was illuminated and luckily coasted with no propulsion to a safe area on the highway shoulder to pull over. I shut the engine off for a minute and restarted vehicle as normal and no "indicator light" had illuminated. The vehicle appeared to be operating as normal at this point. Later I had the codes pulled for the incident on my vehicle and was told it indicated a throttle body failure. This occurred 3 times over the last several weeks. After doing a search on the internet, I found numerous incidents of the exact same description I have here. There must be an inherent defect of the part used in these vehicles.

- Edgewater, MD, USA

Aug 312013

Milan

Traveling to work on ih35N in san antonio when all of a sudden I lose all power and the car seems to stall, I turn on my hazards and make my way to the shoulder while praying the other traffic moving at speed doesn't plow into me. Once on the side of the road the car is shuddering and surging forward, restarted the car and everything seemed fine, not even a "check engine" light. Same day on the way home from work (ih35S near hwy 281 interchange) and the engine stalls again, at speed on the interstate but even worse now because of the increased traffic that needs to be dodged while I get the car onto a raised shoulder. Restart the car and this time a "cel" I drive to autozone for a code check and it's P2111 stuck throttle body. Sunday night car starts stalling every 50-100 feet on a frontage road of IH10 near callaghan while cresting a hill and no clear sight lines, luckily I was not rear ended. Managed to nurse it, surging forward suddenly and sputtering to a creep, into a la quinta hotel parking lot and await a tow.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 062012

Milan

While driving on I-95 at 70 mph suddenly lost power. Was able to coast onto an exit ramp. After several minutes was able to restart the start teh vehicle and drove a short distance on city street at 45 mph when vehicle decelerated again and stalled. When called dealer indicated it was likley a failed throttle body, suggesting it is not an unusual problem. When towed to the shop, they did determin the probelm was teh throttle body and replaced it. Repair was $550. Fortunately this occcured during the day, but was on a heavily traveled highway and could have resulted in an accident or injury with the sudden loss in speed.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Aug 162013

Milan 6-cyl

Electronic throttle body failed as I was driving on the interstate. Car lost all throttle control, idled down to 1000 RPM, and rapidly decelerated in heavy interstate traffic. Had to pull over immediately.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Aug 172013

Milan 6-cyl

I was on fl turnpike at 70 mph, traffic very heavy.I lost power and had to coast to the shoulder from left lane. Almost got ran over, but thank god I didn't.I cut the motor off.restarted it.I got my speed up to 70mph.it surged a few times.ran ok too home. This could be a life or death thing. I wonder if anyone has been hurt because of this. I will call Ford today and get it fixed.

- Live Oak, FL, USA

Jun 122013

Milan 6-cyl

First brake light and tail light on drivers side light up once in awhile did not know was out till friend told me, cost to repair led light is $400 for part have not repaired yet, while driving at any speed car will shut down to limp mode, dealer stated $550 to repair and replace throttle body, both are serious safety items that could result in being rear ended, out of warranty so ordering a throttle body and replace by ourselves for it stalls out continuously, recall should be ordered on both the tail light assemblies and the throttle body as both are a common problem on these vehicles.

- Bella Vista, AR, USA

Aug 122013

Milan 6-cyl

Vehicle stalls out at random times. Goes into limp home mode. Seems to be a common problem with throttle body. Would be nice if Ford fixed this and got parts out.

- Great Falls, MT, USA

Aug 112013

Milan

As I entered the freeway at 60 mph begin to stall and then losing power I put my flashers on hoping I don't get run over the car stops no power to steer and I'm at the mercy of speeding vehicles. I'm on a fixed income.and do not have the funds. I purchased the vehicle from town East Ford mesquite Texas.

- Balch Springs, TX, USA