NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2010 Mercury Milan (Page 5 of 5)

2010 Mercury Milan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

May 102013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving at 45mph on road, maintaining constant speed, car goes into limp mode, no throttle control. Wrench light comes on. Pulled over to side of the road, put car into park and waited a few seconds, car re-ignited and was able to get home. This happened again 2 times the next day in route to the grocery store which is less than 4 miles away. It has consistently been happening nearly every time I drive it. I have stalled out at 2 intersections which is very dangerous. I just had the car diagnosed with electronic throttle body failure. $136 later, and I have ordered the new part, but was told it could take 2-3 weeks before they are available and that if I saved my receipt I will be reimbursed by Ford/Mercury at recall. I am afraid to drive the car at this point because there is no telling when it will just stall again. Really need my car to get to work!

- Clermont , FL, USA

Apr 062013

Milan 6-cyl

Car will lose power at any giving time or speed above 40mph. You must then try to pull off road and turn off and restart. It would only do this once a week, but now it's doing multiple times a day. Dealer will not address it as a warranty problem due to fact it has over 36000 miles on it. Tried to order replacement throttle body thru them but it on back order.

- Winchester, KY, USA

May 092013

Milan 4-cyl

My vehicle was towed at my expense to a shop. The verdict was a 'throttle body' issue. This vehicle went into the 'limp home' mode with no warning. I would challenge the president of Ford to attempt to limp this vehicle just 5 miles on any busy road in the nation in this mode. Apparently, judging by my research, it is an ongoing problem and widespread. As of right now the vehicle is unusable, since the parts are on 'indefinite back-order' awaiting some sort of release of parts. The vehicle is stuck at a dealership, no fix date in sight until the part (or substitute part) becomes available. This leave me with no transportation (I'm disabled currently) and no recourse. Even if I find a currently available replacement part, without whatever fix is needed, my faith in the vehicle is gone. Faith in all Ford vehicles I might add. The ride home was dangerous at the crawl speed it will do, especially with the lurching at times.

- Jackosnville, FL, USA

Apr 172013

Driving at highway speed limit with cruise on there was a loss of cruise control, no throttle response and the "wrench" light came on. I was able to pull off the highway. Engine was running roughly, turned it off immediately. No cell phone service in the area so I could not get a tow truck. Restarted the car. Operated fine to get home 10 miles. Was taking it to the nearest dealer 30 miles from home when the same thing happened. I'm glad I did not have my children with me during these incidents. After viewing internet videos and reading on many internet sights this seems to be a problem with many Mercury Milan. Ford needs to recall and fix the problem that causes this.

- Cedar Bluff, AL, USA

Jul 252012

Milan 4-cyl

Purchased this car used in July 2012. Is a 2010 and had low miles on it. Dealer claimed vehicle was a lease and was turned in. After driving the car several days, it stalled at stop sign, no engine light appeared. After re-starting, it drove fine. Several weeks later, vehicle again stalled at stop sign. No engine light. Vehicle was brought to dealer where the throttle body was replaced. Several days later, vehicle again stalled at stop light. This has been going on for over 9 months. It may not stall for several weeks. Dealer kept the car for one week, with a mechanic driving it as it was hooked up to portable diagnostic machine. It never stalled, nor did it show any engine lights. Dealer claims they cannot fix it if they do not see any indicators on diagnostic machine. It is no longer under warranty and if I want to continue to pursue this, I have to pay for each trip. Certainly, someone must have an idea of what is causing this as this seems to be a safety issue. I am expecting to be rear-ended any time now.

- Lyman, ME, USA

Oct 302012

Milan 4-cyl

Stalled three times, without warning, while traveling at 50 mph. Almost rear ended each time. Vehicle 38 month old and less then 34,000 miles. Replace throttle body. Please have Ford check into this before someone gets hurt.

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Oct 012012

2010 Mercury Milan engine suddenly died on an urban interstate with similar symptoms of running out of fuel, and has died multiple times since. Wrench light illuminated as engine died, but no check engine light or codes appear for diagnosis. Must shut off engine, then able to restart engine. Engine dies randomly and is not affected by moisture, temp, or time driven. Condition is hazardous anytime acceleration and control are critical. Website entries indicate this is a widespread problem. Took into Ford dealer once for diagnosis and dealer replaced air filter, did not fix problem. Throttle body suspected culprit, but no diagnostic codes appear.

- Hales Corners, WI, USA

Oct 042012

Qua daughter driving back and forth to work, vehicle sputters and loses all speed no throttle response. Has to pull over and restart engine then proceed with caution. Unit cuts off every 15 to 20 miles. Ford mechanic says its the throttle body assembly of course it's not under warranty.

- Aiken, SC, USA

Mar 132012

Milan 4-cyl

I was entering the interstate at 60 mph when my car jerked, and lost response of the acceleration. The throttle control/transmission and check engine light came on, so I restarted the car and only the check engine light remained. I was able to exit the interstate and took my car to a auto store to run a check, was told the throttle actuator control system was at fault. Noticed that this is a problem that many owners of this year make and model have. Hopefully Mercury will recall this part.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jul 262012

Milan 6-cyl

Started vehicle and noticed car jerking and not accelerating correctly. I was stopped at light approx 1/3 mile from start and car died at light, car restarted and made left turn onto busy freeway and car heisitated and stated jerking again with no acceleration. Moved to shoulder of road and called aaa to have car towed....unsafe and unable to continue drive home...15 miles ahead. Ford service pulled code P2111 from dashboard lights and said throttle body was 38000 miles. No recourse from Ford out of warranty 2000 miles. I was charged $198.55 labor and $137.80 with tax $347.96. They replaced part with a new part number...obviously they know this is a defective customer compensation.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Jul 152012

Milan 6-cyl

Driving car slows and jerks press gas nothing happens. Pull over car jerks I cut it off and restart the engine. Works fine for a few moments then starts again. Repeated this process 6 times. Made it to the Ford dealer they replaced a throttle sensor. Worked fine after that. Then I traded it.

- Fletcher, NC, USA