2.9

hardy worth mentioning

2010 Mercury Milan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Oct 032013

Milan

Driving freeway at 77 mph when vehicle suddenly started slowling down. Managed to get car over to shoulder of road and tried to get off ramp but wouldnt make it. No lights came on and felt like it was still running at idle. Stepped on gas but wouldnt accelerate in drive or park. Shut vehicle off and started twice before I could get response from stepping on gas. Then took off like nothing wrong. Very dangerous and lucky traffic was light. Had one other incident with car doing same thing but was sitting at traffic light

- Southgate, MI, USA

Nov 022013

Milan

While driving at a speed of 55 miles per hour on November 2, 2013, and at a speed of 50 miles per hour on November 4, 2013, my 2010 Mercury Milan abruptly stalled and I had to pull over instantly on both occasions in order to prevent being hit from behind. On these two occasions, the car had to be re-started. I brought the vehicle in for service as soon as possible on Wednesday, November 6, to correct the problem, which was a defective throttle body that had to be replaced. The throttle body was no longer under the general warranty and not included in the power train warranty.

- Nazareth, PA, USA

Oct 292013

Milan

I was driving down the high way at 55mph and the car started to slow down on its own and would not accelerate at all. I pulled the car over to a complete stop and the RPM gauge was bouncing up and down rapidly and the vehicle was violently shaking. Once I turn the car off I waited a few minutes and started it back up and everything was fine, no engine light, no shakes, nothing. I got back on the road and 15 minutes later it did the same thing. I barely made it back home due to the fact it was spitting and sputtering and causing traffic to slow down when it stalls and now I'm out of a vehicle due to the fact it cost soo much to fix. Code was P2111.

- Jeffersonville , IN, USA

Sep 262013

Milan

While driving down the highway experienced a total loss of acceleration. Car still maintained an idle but no matter how many times I pressed the pedal to the floor it would not recognize me doing so. (kind of like and older vehicle with a cable just breaking). Fortunately it did not effect steering or braking but it was quite challenging to get to the side of the road. If I shut of vehicle and restarted gas pedal works fine again. I immediately contacted a master Ford tech that I know personally and he informed me that more than likely it was the electronic throttle body that there has been many complaints and replacements done on that particular engine recently in their shop. Due to the lack of funds I continued driving the vehicle and have experienced the same problem a minimum of 8 times in 3 weeks. I no longer will allow my wife to drive car until I can repair.

- Brunswick, OH, USA

Sep 022013

Milan

The car loses power while driving, the wrench light comes on and then I have to pull over to the side of the road, it has also happened on the highway which is scary… also the car sometimes has an idle problem, like its trying not to stall, but causes the car to jump a little while at stop lights. Also when I get gas, the car does not want to start, but if I leave the car running while getting gas the car is fine.

- Olean , NY, USA

Oct 112013

Milan

While driving on a freeway (middle lane) at ~ 50 mph the "wrench" light cane on and the vehicle slowed to 20mph. Very unsafe.

- White Bear Lake, MN, USA

Oct 062013

Milan

The car lost all acceleration on the highway. I was driving 65 in the middle lane and had to get over to the shoulder with no way to accelerate. The wrench warning light appeared on the dash. Turned the car off and restarted it and it worked fine for three days. Took it to the dealership and it is the throttle body going bad. This costs $420 to replace. This is a terrible hazard as the only thing you can do is hope to coast to the shoulder of the road safely.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Sep 152013

Milan

Driving approximately 30 mph, the car coasted to a stop and the wrench showed on the dashboard. Waited a short while, restarted and it was okay. Did notice some lurching and the car felt like it was in the wrong gear, prior to the second incident on 10/07/20. Driving through an intersection at 30 mph, wrench showed on dashboard and car slowed to a crawl. I had to make it through the busy intersection and off ramp from a highway in order to safely get the car off the road. I could have been rear-ended both times, to say nothing about the fear of your car just conking out in the dark at 5:30am. The 3 year/36,000 mile warranty expired May 27, 2013... and my current mileage is 35,581 miles!!!!!!!!!! 111 days over the months and 419 miles under the warranty.... so, I am paying around $300+ to have this fixed. With all the exact complaints as happened to others, I am surprised Ford did not send a notice to owners to get it fixed or face the potential of being involved in a crash... thank you.

- Poughkepsie, NY, USA

Sep 182013

Milan

Intermittent problem which occurred at variable speeds (25 mph, 40 mph, 60 mph) with rapidly increasing frequency in the week before the throttle body was replaced. While driving, the engine seemed to shift out of gear. However, there was no increase in RPM in response to the accelerator. Pulled to side of road with very low RPM, the vehicle was turned off and then restarted each time without problem.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Oct 032013

Milan

I was driving approx 60 mph on a highway. My car "jerked" forward once, and I completely lost the ability to accelarate. After moving to the shoulder of the road, my car was shaking and difficult to put in park due to the shaking. Car would start up again, but did not have the ability to accelerate except in low drive. Would not accelerate except in low. Had to towed to the dealership, where the throttle body needed replaced and kam reset. This is a 2010 car, fairly new.

- Boonville, IN, USA

Sep 242013

Milan

My 2010 Mercury Milan premier stalled - check engine came on - I was unable to move forward as it seemed it was trying to move forward but would not - had the code checked and it was P2112 - throttle actuator-control system - stuck closed permanent was the message for this code - was not expecting this at all - was driving perfect and this happened suddenly - my concern is had this happened on an interstate highway - what would I have done" from what I read this is very dangerous - and is there a recall for this safety concern"

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Sep 202013

Milan

Stop at red light and the car refuse to accelerate. Had to coast to the side of the road. When car is cut off and turn back on it will run for a little while and does the same thing again. Kids in the car on the side of the road. When I first got the car the transmission went out, had it less than 2 wks. Now this is happening, cost over $600 dollars for something that is manufactured screw up. I need my car to get kids to school and work. All these complaints about the same problem needs a recall very quick before someone gets into an accident.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Jan 112013

Milan

I was driving my Mercury Milan when it starting surging and then lost all power.since that date it has happened to me at least 50 more times, some worse then others.this is very dangerous as it has happened as I have entered intersections, putting my life in danger of being hit !! I have taken it to the dealer but they said it is no longer under warranty so it would cost over $600 which I do not have.this is making me sick as now I am afraid to drive my car even though I have to in order to get back and forth from work!!

- Cannon Falls, MN, USA

Aug 272013

Milan

Driving to work one morning my car appeared to stall without warning on the incline of a viaduct. It slowed dramatically without me braking, so there were no brake lights to warn other drivers. I was fortunate the driver behind me was paying attention and did not run into me. I made an emergency maneuver to get off the road, and called aaa for a tow. While on hold with aaa, I restarted my car. It appeared to be working normally, so I went to work without incident. Later in the day my car seemed to stall again on the way to lunch. This was in a remote area with no other traffic. Again it restarted, and worked fine on my return to work. While driving home it happened a third time in a construction zone. I had to pull over near huge rollers that were leveling newly laid asphalt. Luckily it started again and I merged back into construction traffic and drove home. I called the Ford dealer I bought the car from. They told me over the phone it sounded like another bad throttle body. I got a ride to work the next day, and took it in as soon as I could get an appointment. The Ford dealer replaced the throttle body, and I have had no problems since.

- Beecher, IL, USA

Sep 142013

Milan

At dusk on Saturday september14,2013 traveling North bound on 6 lane interstate I-55 in far left lane at 67 mph with cruise control on the car began to slow RPM returned to idling speed under 800 RPM and was unresponsive to accelerator pressure. The traffic was heavy and I was lucky to be able to move across lanes and reach the shoulder before car had slowed to 5 mph. The wrench light came on. Shut off the car restarted it and accelerator was responsive began to accelerate to merge back on to highway and again lost power. Shut off car again and accelerating very slowly was able to reach an exit about 1 mile away before car again lost power. Called for a tow back home as vehicle was unsafe. Car taken to dealership September 16th for repair and the throttle body needed to be replaced. I learned on line that this seems to be a common problem with certain Ford and Mercury products but there has been no recall to fix this defective part which puts the driver and passenger in grave danger when the throttle body malfunctions.luckily I was in a fairly populated area and cell phone service was available. I fear what could have happened if traffic had been even heavier or been in a more remote area. These products should be recalled as they present a serious safety issues for drivers

- Naperville, IL, USA

Sep 132013

Milan

Driving at highway speeds vehicle stalls out without warning. When attempting restart engine light and "orange wrench" light turn on. Vehicle does eventually restart.

- National Patk, NJ, USA

Sep 122013

Milan

Car suddenly stalled in intersection with cross lane traffic and on mass transit trolley track. Move to other side of intersection and restarted fine, then stalled again on highway multiple times. Pulled vehicle over each time and it restarted, yet stalled again after a short amount of time. Check engine light was on steady (non-blinking). Had vehicle towed to Ford dealership would indicated the throttle body was bad and must be replaced.

- Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Sep 132013

Milan

Driving 2 weeks ago, going 45 mph and the accelerator stopped working. Engine was running and I could still safely pull it over to the side of the road. I turned the vehicle off and then back on and it worked again. Since there were many areas of non-safe roads to pull over, I decided to have it towed home. It has driven fine ever since, until today, going 55mph, on the interstate, accelerator stops working. I safely pulled over, turned off and restarted engine. I safely drove to my nearest Ford dealership where they say it is the throttle sensor. Why is this not eligible for recall yet as I read these many, many pages of posts on the same thing? I have to wait until November for the part as it is on backorder. No safe car to drive until then.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Aug 222013

Milan

I was on my way to work and got on the freeway and as I accelerated to the flow of traffic, the car started splutting and I was in the middle lane with a truck close behind me and cars on each side. The speed started to decrease as I pushed on the gas petal with nothing happening. It was as though it ran out of gas and the console lights came on. I panic and tried to work my way to the side of the road. I was able to get over after the truck barely missed piting me and coasted til the car slowed down and turned the car off and tried to start it again, it started because I knew that it wasnt out of gas, I had a full tank. There was no check engine light on at that time either. I persided to get back on the freeway and got up to 50 mph and went to the nearest exit and my car repeated the same thing, this time with a jerking motion..that when the check engine light came on. I moved the car to a safer area and called to get it towed. It was place on the a machine that read P2111 and P2112. The auto shop informed me that it was the trottle body.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Sep 102013

Milan

I was driving on the northway preparing to get in the right lane to exit and I lost all speed, no acceleration was possible but I still had radio/A/C, etc. I was able to get over and stop the car and when I put it in park it "sputtered" until I shut the engine off entirely. I waited a few moments and turned the engine back on and it started fine and then drove fine the rest of my drive. When I got back to work I researched this problem online and was surprised at the number of complaints for the same issue. Everyone had taken their car to a dealership or mechanic and could not figure it out. No warning lights came on in the dash. Finally after reading so many of the same complaints one car owner stated that a diagnosis resulted in code P2111 (faulty throttle body). I'm concerned about driving this car and having it happen again. I drive on a fast 3 lane highway about 20 miles each way to work and it's not always very easy to get over to safety. After seeing this has been investigated in another state I am hopeful it results in a recall so this problem can be properly addressed and fixed. Please help!

- Clifton Park, NY, USA