2010 Mercury Milan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Aug 202016

I was driving on 495 toward silver spring/Georgia ave. And the call just loss acceleration without warning. The engine and wrench lights illuminated on the dash. The car cruised at about 5 miles an hour. An extremely dangerous situation to say the least. I was in the middle lane and had to work my way over to the shoulder. I'm taking the car to the Ford dealership on 8/23/2016 for diagnosis. There appears to have been complaints reported to NHTSA about this problem and the case was closed without a recall. Let me tell you, this problem is not only real but extremely dangerous. Something more needs to be done.

- Martinsburg, WV, USA

May 192016

"takata recall" on my way home from work white smoke comes out of the exhaust pipe then the check engine started flashing really fast then stopped. I made it as it as far as my street then the check power steering/ advanced tran warning flashed and as I turned in the driveway the power steering completely gave out and flashed service power steering now. I just purchased this car and I am making payments now I have to fix my power steering. Wow

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Jun 132015

The door handle broke so that when seated in the vehicle, you are unable to get out. This part failure is on the drivers side door.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Dec 212014

I drove down my driveway, turned left to pull into my garage. As I approached the door opening, turning, slowing, with my foot on the break and before straightening the wheel, it seemed like the car had a mind of its own. I could not stop it. My foot was firmly on the break pressing with all my strength. The car did not stop until it hit the side of the garage door opening.

- Thendara, NY, USA

Sep 192012

#1:shortly after purchasing the Milan the car began to just shut down while I was driving. I would have to coast to the side of the road, wait a few minutes & then it would restart. I again had it taken to the service center and they had to replace the throttle body. Now I am having this same problem again. This problem has began again. I again took it to the service center & they couldn't fix anything because they said that they couldn't get the car to mimic the problem.I have 2 young children and during one of the failures I was traveling on a rural country road with nowhere to pull off due to stone mountains on each side of the road. I had to wait in the middle of the road a few minutes until the car would cooperate and start again. This a serious safety issue. We all could've been killed and nobody would ever be able to figure out what happened because according to these technicians the car is fine. It needs to be known that the car is not fine and is dangerous to the drivers and other individuals on the road alongside these cars. #2:also, shortly after purchasing the Milan I was having trouble getting it started in the morning. The car would simply not start, wouldn't even try to turn over, the message board would say service advance trac the other electrical components in the car worked fine, the car couldn't be "jumped" either. After a few hours it would start up fine. Took the car to the service center and they reprogrammed the keys and now a year later I am having the same problem. Since the center states they cannot get the car to mimic this problem when the car is at the center they haven't fixed anything. At least once a week I have this happen and have to use an alternate means of transportation. My car now has 38,000 miles on it but these problems have been happening since about 24000. Help Ford adopt some of the aspects of "our credo values" by J&J!

- Towanda, PA, USA

Jul 202013

My car has stopped numerous time in the middle of a busy expressway and has almost resulted in a accident. I had two small children in my vehicle at the time, my car continues to stop many times and I attempted to get the problem solved but I cannot since there is a severe back order on Mercury Milan throttle body. Therefore I am forced to drive in unsafe conditions because of a mass problem that is obviously going on with Ford/Mercury vehicles.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 242013

I was driving along on the highway and I felt my car stall a little, then my speed started slowing down automatically. The wrench symbol came on the dashboard so I pulled over and the car shut off. I was able to start the car and I started driving again but my car wouldn't let me go over 40 miles an hour so I pulled over again. I was only 5 miles from home so I was able to drive my car home. We took it to a Ford dealership and they ran tests on it and I was told the throttle body needed replaced. They said it was covered under my warranty however they didn't know when they could get the part for me because it was out of stock. I did my own research and found that there is a possible recall on the throttle body for my type of car. Waiting to get my car fixed.

- Ottawa, KS, USA

Apr 232012

When driving, the car feels like it shifts gears, the wrench light comes on and engine power is lost. After pulling over, turning off the engine and restarting, the car drives normally. This happened multiple times in one day. Dealer reprogrammed PCM and it was fine for two months. Same thing happened on June 21, 2012. This is potentially life threatening problem because it has happened at highway speeds in rush hour conditions. Many consumer reports of same symptoms can be easily found on internet by searching for "electronic throttle control." When I took car to dealer after most recent occurrence, they said their were no codes showing so there was nothing to fix. Ford needs to investigate why this is happening and recall/fix this problem before someone is killed or seriously injured because of this problem!

- Stillwater, MN, USA