2005 Mercury Montego drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Montego:

2005 Mercury Montego Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 062010

Montego 6-cyl

The check engine light came on. I took the car in for service. I was told that the throttle body needed to be replaced. That cost me $736.83. This was done on 10/06/2010. Now again the check engine light has come on so I took the vehicle in for service. I am now told that the throttle body has gone bad. This time the estimate is $950. My mileage is 90,361. Now a little more that a year after the first repair I need to perform this repair again. I believe a recall needs to be forced on the Ford Motor Company for defective parts that are being installed on their vehicles.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 122011

Montego 6-cyl

2005 Mercury Montego lunges forward and when in reverse also it stalls and shuts off repeatedly and have problems accelerating at times. I took it to my mechanic and got the throttle body cleaned but the problem returned after a week.

- Tonganoxie, KS, USA

Nov 102010

Montego

2005 Mercury Montego AWD rear differential failure, needing replacement.

- Burnsville, MN, USA