2006 Mercury Montego miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Montego:

2006 Mercury Montego Owner Comments

May 032016

Electronic throttle should be a recall vs a customer care item. This is bs and Ford knows that it should be. I haven't had my car 3 yrs yet, purchased pre owned and it just hit 10 yrs and is 186,000 miles and needed to be under 150,000 for them to fix. It just started doing this and I replaced alternator 3 times think this was the issue. Ford need to stop thinking of their bottom line and take care of their customers. I purchased this care after I was in a awful car accident (no fault of my own) that left me with a messed up sciatic nerve for rest of my life. I purchased this car as I was told no issue or recalls and it served my needs. Boy was I lied to. I was almost killed yesterday driving this car due to the power loss in middle of driving. I need this repaired asap as this is my only transportation and a known issue.

- Roanoke Rapids, NC, USA

Apr 012012

My 2006 Montego jerks and clunks feels like it is going to drop out. It also slips into neutral from drive. The trans jerks so hard it feels like it is going to drop on the street. First noted this with less than32000 miller. Also had to replace front engine mount $475, full instrument cluster $1100 36000million. There is a lot of people complaining to Ford but nothing is being done.if not taken care of this will be my langford product.3ford's inmyimmediatefamily now. All will be scrapped ordering for cars from a company that takes care of its customers. Ford new the cvt trans was a problem.

- St Louis, MO, USA