2007 Mercury Montego fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Montego:

2007 Mercury Montego Owner Comments

Nov 052012

Montego 6-cyl

In the fall of 2012, I noticed the engine would 'rev up' when I started the car and put it in gear causing the car to 'lunge' if I didn't have the brake firmly depressed. I took it to my local mechanic who couldn't replicate the issue. It continued to happen so now I hold my foot firmly on the brake for several seconds when I put the car in gear. In December 2012 or January 2013, I received a safety recall letter from Ford for the throttle body. The letter stated exactly what my car was doing. I took my car to the dealer (lb smith) on February 18 to repair the throttle body per the safety recall letter. The 'repair' didn't fix the issue. On Saturday, May 11 while sitting at a red light my car 'lunged' forward about a foot while I had my foot firmly pressed on the brake. We immediately took the car to lb smith and scheduled an appointment for the following Monday. I was informed the safety recall was for a one time cleaning of the throttle body and my throttle body needed replaced at a cost of approximately $750. I called Ford's toll free number to see if some assistance could be provided as it was a safety recall that wasn't fixed. I was informed that no assistance could be given. Since then, my car has 'lunged' when I slow down to pull into gas station pumps and into parking spaces. It has escalated from lunging when I put the car in gear to lunging when I am sitting still and when I slow down.

- Enola, PA, USA

Jul 132011

Montego 6-cyl

Sudden acceleration when taking off and backing up. Especially into reverse. There has been a few close calls because of this.

- Allendale, MI, USA