2004 Mercury Monterey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Monterey:

2004 Mercury Monterey Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Torque converter is bad shaking and I lose all power to my vehicle.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Dec 102010

I was on my way home after picking up my 2 granddaughters and my car just lost all movement. The motor was running but when I tried to accelerate it would not move forward. I was able to coast to the bottom of the hill, were lucky there was a turnoff lane. I called for assistance and then had to be towed. The girls were scared to death, I guess just knowing that we weren't able to go, it was dark and we were on a busy highway. The mechanic has informed me that it is the transmission. My car is a 2004 Mercury Monterey, only 77,650 miles. It has never given me any trouble. This has been quite an inconvenience, especially since I work everyday and it is going to be quite an expense to replace, last quote was $2600, which is not easy to come by given the economy. After reading over 100 complaints from others sharing the same experience, I feel this is definitely something that needs to be investigated. I guess we were lucky that an accident did not occur, given the circumstances under which this happened.

- Bealeton, VA, USA