NHTSA — Power Train: Manual Transmission Problems

2004 Mercury Monterey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Monterey:

2004 Mercury Monterey Owner Comments

Jan 052011

Was driving our 2004 Mercury Monterey van when it went in neutral and coasted off the road. It will not move forward or backwards now and is parked as we don't have the funds to get it fixed as it will be thousand of dollars.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Dec 092009

I was driving down the road when suddenly I lost power. I had to coast to the side of the road. There were no previous indications that my minivan had any problems. I had to have my vehicle towed in. It was discovered that the torque converter needed to be replaced.

- Blytheville, AR, USA