Dashboard Display Is Faulty

2000 Mercury Mountaineer

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mercury dealer.

2. replaced under warranty (1 reports)
2000 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Mercury Mountaineer:

2000 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jun 302008

Mountaineer AWD 5.0L V8

I was driving normally down a normal city street, about a week after we purchased this truck, when I casually looked into my tachometer to see how many revs i was doing at city driving, and it was up at 4,500rpm's. Keeping in mind my foot was off the throttle and I was coasting at about 55km/h. I kinda did a double look at it until i figured something was wrong with it. Thinking like a typical male, I decided to give it a smack and see if it would come back into position, and it did. It randomly does that maybe once every 2 weeks, and it doesn't make any sense why it would.

- , Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Jun 252003

The LED display would not stay illuminated. When it was illuminated, it was so dim that it was hard to read.

- , Evansville, IN, USA