2000 Mercury Mountaineer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Mercury Mountaineer:

2000 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Dec 102008

Mountaineer AWD 5.0L V8

I came out after work one day into the parking lot when i unlocked my car via the keyless remote and I noticed the mirror lights didn't come on, but the car unlocked so I didn't think much of it. I got in and turned the key and the truck just died. Wouldn't start. I laughed and thought it had to be a joke because I hadn't seen the truck since 8 that morning, sure enough, tried again, and I could hear the starter clicking. It was a giant inconvenience being stuck in the middle of a parking lot in Canada, in December. It was maybe -16C with the wind incorporated. I had to wait until my mom could drive up and jump the truck before it started. I haven't encountered a problem with it since.

- , Burlington, Ontario, Canada