2002 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Apr 252013

Mountaineer LX

The door locks cycle on and off, often the alarm is also alerting. This happens every two to three days after attempting a system reset, by disconnecting the battery. When the system is malfunctioning at its' worst the door lock switch reverses polarity on for off and visa / versa. I suspect it is a failing fuse and /or relay ad/or diode. The relay /diode theory matches the reverse polarity issue. Can any one identify which fuse/relay/diode serves alarm door lock circuit. Ford was helpful and these circuits are not identified in the owners manual.

- , Bethel Island, CA, USA

Aug 122012

Mountaineer LL 4.6L Efi V8

This problem started out of the blue, in the middle of the night! I thought someone had tried to break into my car. Horn alarm blowing & interior & exterior lights flashing on and off. It happened 3 times that night. A day or 2 later it started locking and unlocking itself, interior lights, dinging sound and "Door Ajar" warning light turns on & off continuously whenever I drive anywhere. Now I can't lock my car without the alarm going off for absolutely no reason.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Feb 152012

Mountaineer V8

I can not set the alarm on my car because it keeps going off. Even when the car is in park the alarm goes off. I live in an apartment complex and my apartment is in the back.One night I was really embarassed because the police knocked on my door at 5 a.m. in the morning telling me that my alarm had been going off since 2 a.m. and the neighbors were complaining. I feel that the Mercury company should do something about these problems that people are having with their cars.

- , Portsmouth, VA, USA