Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window

2002 Mercury Mountaineer (Page 2 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mercury dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

7.7

2. repair/replace by factory (4 reports)
2002 Mercury Mountaineer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 202007

Mountaineer 4.0L V6

Apparently, I'm not the only one out here to have this problem. Go check the 2002 Ford Explorer complaint section where it's the leading complaint by far! This problem has plagued me for at least 2 yrs. The dealer said it's out of warranty and I'm still waiting for the zone person to call .... it's been 6 months and I sure didn't hold my breath. This and other problems have convinced me why they're getting their tails kicked by the Japanese cars. My next vehicle will be a Toyota, Honda or Hyundai. My daughter's Sonata has 85,000mi and still kicking.

- , Lafayette, LA, USA