7.0

2002 Mercury Mountaineer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Nov 032010

Mountaineer AWD 4.0

I have purchased my Mercury Mountaineer about a year ago and I have noticed that every time I drive on the freeway (60mph+) I notice a weird but annoying sound of wind banging on something. I have not reported this to the dealer yet, I just need to know if its something i have to live with or something i should fix right away.

- , Amherst, NY, USA

Aug 152002

Mountaineer

The wind/noise is so bad you have to turn up the radio to hear it. The service people at our local dealer said they would not have a car with a noise like this.

- , Daphne, AL, USA