2.5

2002 Mercury Mountaineer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jul 122006

Mountaineer 6-cyl

Of the many problems I've had since purchasing this vehicle, the latest takes the cake. Here's the skinny of all my problems, with the latest motivating me to report a complaint to the NHTSA. Hopefully, something can be done. Here's a website of others with the same transmission issue: www.carsurvey.org/cgi-bin/fix_comment.pl where do I start. I purchased this car with 38K miles and it's been a nightmare. First thing to go was a wheel bearing at 41K, got that fixed @ $200. Next to go @ 48K was the two calipers and new rotors on the front, cost $800. Next @ 52K was the A/C needed to be recharged, $150. Next @ 58K, the two calipers in the back has to be replaced, cost $300 (I found a good mechanic/friend). For the grand finale... I need to replace the transmission @ 61K, cost range from $1,800 to $3,400. I will fix it and dump it right away and sell it. A complete lemon!!! it should be reported to the NHTSA for an investigation.

- Norwalk, CT, USA