- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
Worst 2002 Mountaineer electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- door ajar light & interior lights flicker9
- alarm system is faulty3
- multiple electrical issues2
- unintended acceleration with cruise control on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System4
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mercury Mountaineer Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Mountaineer compares to other years?
Check out our Mercury Mountaineer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mountaineer.