7.6

2002 Mercury Mountaineer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Apr 252012

Mountaineer

My Mercury Mountaineer is a really nice interior and exterior SUV. Ford sent out a recall which we had installed that was suppose to prevent a possible fire. No fire yet, but the interior lights won't turn off, the door ajar light and buzzer is off and on constantly. It drives us nuts. I'm wanting to pull the appropriate fuses but can't determine which fuses might be the right ones. I'm so sick of the Poor American Automobiles.

I'll not buy another Ford product even though I haven't owned any other American Brand ever.

- , Batesville, Arkansas, USA

Apr 022012

Mountaineer

This problem happened to me for a few days just a couple months ago. I thought the problem fixed itself until it started happening again. At first, the door ajar message was displayed and even after triple checking all the doors, the message and interior lights continued to stay on. I decided to drive home anyway and was glad the interior light turned off almost immediately. Of course, the light stayed on a lot longer after getting out of the car when I got home. I tried shutting all the doors again but to no avail. I really didn't have the money to spend on it at that moment, so I tried to ignore it. Thankfully, it quit for awhile. Then, in the last couple days, it came back and today was the worst! Lights started to flicker repeatedly while driving, door locks unlock and re-lock themselves. Then, my car alarm went off twice during a meeting. When I got home, I locked the car and the car alarm went off again, so I had to keep it unlocked. Too bad this problem wasn't fixed with a recall! I'm just glad I purchased a warranty cause I just might have to spend that $100 deductible.

- , GRAHAM, WA, USA

Aug 262012

Mountaineer LL 4.6L Efi V8

This problem started out of the blue, in the middle of the night! I thought someone had tried to break into my car. Horn alarm blowing & interior & exterior lights flashing on and off. It happened 3 times that night. A day or 2 later it started locking and unlocking itself, interior lights, dinging sound and "Door Ajar" warning light turns on & off continuously whenever I drive anywhere. Now I can't lock my car without the alarm going off for absolutely no reason.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Feb 152012

Mountaineer V8

My 2002 Mecury Mountaineer seems to have a mind of its own. The Door Ajar light keeps coming on and off and that dinging is annoying. The light comes on even when the car is just sitting in the parking lot; not started. Can someone give me a possible solution.

- , Portsmouth, VA, USA

Jun 012011

Mountaineer

It scared the Sh*t out of me when the car is dark and all you hear is the locks locking and unlocking on their own, and the notifier telling you door ajar and lights coming on going off coming on and going off the whole time you are driving, and all the repair shop keeps saying its electrical and it will cost 300 to even look at it because they have to completely rewire your whole car to find out where the problem even is.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 022011

Mountaineer

just really an annoying problem... need an idea of what i am dealing with

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 012011

Mountaineer 3.2L

Hope this website can give me some help. This problem that I am having is really getting on my nerves. Any help I can get will be really appreciated.

- , Campbellsville, KY, USA

May 192010

Mountaineer

I really wish Mercury could figure our these little problems! They seem to have alot of them.

- , Fitzgerald, GA, USA

Apr 202007

Mountaineer

At first it was no problem because it was quiet now it makes this god awfull ding, ding, ding while the door locks and unlocks itself the interior lights flash and flicker and it just acts plain possessed. IRK I can't wait to get the darn thing repaired next week.

- , Seward, AK, USA