2002 Mercury Mountaineer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Mountaineer SUV V8

After several attempts fixing this problem, with no solutions found, I am not sure what to do.

I will drive the car for about 10 miles and shut it off. When I return short time later, it will not start. Also there is no sound coming from the starter. All lights work, power windows, etc., work, but no sound from the engine. If I wait anywhere from 30 min. to 12 hrs.and then engine starts. When I arrive home and shut it down, and try starting it again, it will not start.

This problem does not happen all the time. I am afraid to turn off and find I am stuck there, and no way to get home.

The vehicle has a new battery, about 1 week old, problem still exists.

- , Clinton, MA, USA