8.7

2002 Mercury Mountaineer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Mountaineer

I can no longer lock my car. Locking my car now triggers the alarm to go off when the temperatures dip to freezing. The dead of night is my favorite. At least the alarm still works.

The door sensor goes haywire in freezing temps too. While driving, the control panel states "DOOR AJAR" and all of the interior lights come on. All times of the day. It's especially fun at night when your interior lights suddenly come on and you're momentarily blinded as you're driving down a highway.

- , Darlington, MD, USA

Aug 012012

Mountaineer LS V6

One of the most aggravating problems ever.....Haven't fixed it yet because of afraid of being taken and would like to find out more about the problem before I trust somebody to fix it. Electrical goes haywire and alarm comes on by itself in the middle of the night. I have taken to disconnecting the battery every evening before retiring so I am not waking up cussing and running for the car remote. Anybody else had this problem fixed?

Update from Jan 10, 2013: One of the most aggravating problems ever....Havent fixed it yet because of being afraid of being taken and would like to find out more about the problem before I trust somebody to fix it. Electrical goes haywire and alarm comes on by itself in the middle of the night. I have taken to disconnecting the battery every evening before bed so I am not waking up and bolting for the car remote. Anybody else had this problem fixed? This has been a good car otherwise for the last ten years despite the negative comments .

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

Mar 102012

Mountaineer

The electrical problems began after the transmission went out. first it was the mileage light going out, couple of days later it was the heat switch, then it was the driver seat, the fuse keeps blowing the moment you move it. I have had it with this truck.

- , Grimesland, NC, USA