2.8

2002 Mercury Mountaineer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jul 282005

Mountaineer 6-cyl

Back lift shattered when closing, resulting in shattered glass in my hand, inside the car, on top of the car and all over the parking lot near other cars (everywhere) and brackets hanging from the wires on the top (it was raining outside!). I drove car to dealer who after initial questions and Ford approval then advised of recall and provided a replacement car during repairs but it took 6 weeks to repair. Amazing while the 6 week repairs of "waiting for parts" I got a recall notice in the mail (Aug 05). After bothering the dealer to get the car back, I was called to pick up the car and I was told the "check engine soon light" is coming on! when I picked it up, I not only see the light is intermittent coming on, but my electric window switches are not working to put the windows up and down (except the front passenger works fine) and the driver seat belt is not retracting correctly! this car is only 3 years old!!

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Jul 282005

Mountaineer 6-cyl

Back lift shattered when closing, resulting in shattered glass everywhere and brackets hanging (it was raining outside!). I drove car to dealer who provided a replacement car during repairs but it took 6 weeks to repair. Then when I was called to pick up the car I was told the "check engine soon light" is coming on! when I picked it up, I not only see the light is intermittent coming on, but my electric window switches are not working to put the windows up and down (except the front passenger works fine) and the driver seat belt is not retracting correctly! this car is only 3 years old!!

- Kapolei, HI, USA