9.0

1. have Ford or Mercury pay for the defective design (1 reports)
2003 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercury Mountaineer:

2003 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Dec 232008

Mountaineer 3.2L V6

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer and 2003 Mercury Mountaineer both with the same cracking problem. Dealer says there is no recall and other complaints that I have read indicate Ford will do nothing. Why did the design change back to glass hatchback only if this is not a design defect. I had (2) 2000 Ford Explorer and both had only the glass hatchback without the section of plastic below it. I now have a 2006 Explorer as a company vehicle with only the glass hatchback. So some time between 2000 and 2006 they change the design of this feature, realized it was a design flaw and returned to the original design and they feel they have no responsibility in this.

- , Waveland, MS, USA

Oct 012008

Mountaineer Premium AWD 4.6L

I see where others with both Exploders and Mountaineers have had this problem. I'm sure with Ford's economic problems, I'm sure they want to jump right on this and fix the problems, RIGHT! The did fix it, they redesigned the hatch on newer models 2008-2009. Their response will be trade it in, we'll be happy to sell you a new vehicle. I'm sure they would, and they wonder why nobody wants to buy their products. It's simple, you build CRAP and don't stand behind it.

- , Little Elm, TX, USA